Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Pelican Parts WTB: 914 rear trunk lid

looking to buy straight (no rust , minimal to no bondo) rear trunk lid....can anyone help?

BH
Old 08-08-2002, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

BH- Just FYI you should probably use the "used parts for sale and wanted" section for this request (and this post will probably get moved there anyway) but where are you located? Larger body parts are easy to come by but not always easy to ship.
Old 08-08-2002, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I am in Mississippi...sorry about my posting buffonery.

BH
Old 08-08-2002, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

after experiencing a shipping nightmare i would like to share the following. over size packages are a major pita. i shipped a int back pad, the seat, and other related items. 2 boxes, both were considered "over size" the largest only weighed 23lbs. shipping co's have very strict specifications regarding what they will handle. they measure girth (all the way around, all 4 sides) and add the length. i was over by a total of 5 inches. usps, ups, fed ex, airbourne freight all declined to ship. i then trimmed the length to 1/4 inch under the max demension. met the ups guy with tape measure in hand. without measuring it he stated it was too big. made him stand there while i measured it. just under the max. politely told him he could call his manager to explain to me why he still refused to handle. box gone, no doubt it will mysteriously wind up under the back wheels. the moral is when in doubt find out how big a package is shipable, and when the buyer asks what it will cost to ship, tell them "YOU HAVE NO IDEA". you can't believe what the cost to ship was.

kevin

Last edited by Kevin Powers; 08-09-2002 at 05:52 AM..
Old 08-09-2002, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: