Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche GT seats

Anybody had any experience with these. They look like a good way to retain a factory look with support. Anybody have them in their car now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1850431266
Old 08-10-2002, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

A number of outfits will take your stock seats and convert them to "sport seats" by putting the deeper side bolsters on the original fiberglas shell, which is what your examples appear to be. Renegade is one outfit, but their current model (see PP photo) looks different from these; perhaps an older model?

Anyhow, one nice thing about seats like these, they keep your backside from sliding around during hard cornering (which is EXPECTED in a 914). One thing I would wonder about, though, is how does the lap belt fit those bolsters - does the seat bolster hold the belt out in front of you, or is there enough of you to protrude past the bolsters to get a snug belt fit?

That seller's story about needing to free up funds for his rust free chassis is a little dubious; if I had those seats, I would want to keep them for my rust free chassis (unless there was an oh-***** hiding somewhere in the equation...).
Old 08-10-2002, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I saw those once and now i am going to try to make some, ive got like 4 extra worn seats so im sure i can get it to work somehow, check the link for the pic, found it surfin the net, hope it helps not the same seat though, http://www.stazak.com/914/gt/interior/seat1.html
Old 08-10-2002, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The seat you posted is a real GT seat. They didnt have headrests.

The Ebay seats are a AA special from many moons ago.

Several people have dupped them over the years.

I personally like the seats that Renegade sells through PP.

B
Old 08-10-2002, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I cannot see the seats at the stazak site. Nor do any of the pictures on that site load. Is it just my puter.
I like those renegade seats, but $400 a piece.
I contact that ebay auction and he said his reserve is set a $300. Sounds cheap for a pair. I also ask him about his "RUST FREE" chassis to check the story out and I think its true seeing how he now has rust repair pieces for sale from his previous car.
Old 08-10-2002, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

GT Seats

I have those same seats in my 914.
They are so much better than stock.
If you can fit your butt in them, that is, not built for everyone.
http://home.earthlink.net/~porsche914gt/914-22.jpg
Doug
Old 08-10-2002, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

It looks like you could use a double layer of 20 oz cloth to make the outline and build it up, if it would stick to the existing shell.

"Yellow Rusty Cars Are Faster"
Old 08-10-2002, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

FSR,

Here is the GT seats (Glen S wishes he had a set of these)

B
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the porsche 914-6 gt page-interior.jpg (18.2 KB, 3349 views)
Old 08-10-2002, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: