Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Konig SP700 Seats

Has anyone ever installed these seats (older model was cp700) in their 914.

I'm trying to figure out the mounting scheme. StableEnergies carries them and they have mounting brackets available.

I will be removing my backpad, so I'm not worried about the backpad fitment problem.

Car has no e-brake, so I'm not worried about that.

Car will have safety harnesses mounted to the firewall, seatbelt mounting points and substrap.

Just looking for experience with this actual seat.

Yes, I know that Koenig makes a 914-GT style seat, but I don't want that.

Thanks,
Old 08-10-2002, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Stay away from my Member

I have a set of older P700's right now. They are kind of thrashed but (when the cloth was good) they are really nice seats. Much more supportive and comfortable than an 'entry level' tube frame seat, mainly because they do have some foam padding. Not just webbing & thin cloth stretched over a frame, like some of the seats out there.

Mine have stock 914 rails bolted up directly to the seats (no adapters/brackets) and are on stock bases right now. Because there are no adapter brackets, they sit nice and low in the car and have at least as much head clearance as stock, probably more. They could be lowered further by direct floor mounting or custom bases.

No tunnel or e-brake clearance issues at all. Tight fit, but no interference.
2001 F150 Supercrew 4x4 | tow vehicle
Old 08-10-2002, 09:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Karl, we have used them in several 914's at the shop, they fit surprisingly well. Very comfortable and very supportive. A nice choice for the 914. The SP700 is a very popular model seat, they sell alot of them.

Ed
Old 08-11-2002, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: