Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Yahoo Porschev Group down?

What happened to the Porschev group? When I try to access it, Yahoo tells me it doesn't exist. The 914 group works OK. I've been reading that Porsche has been trying to banish the use of the term "Porshev". Does anyone have a clue?
Old 08-12-2002, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm having the same problem, maybe the legal idiots won out -
Old 08-12-2002, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

i can not believe it. porsche probably just pushed yahoo to do it. the term porchev is not trade marked by porsche nor could they have any legal leds to stand on to get rid of the term. porsche should be happy people are putting chevy v8 into one of the worlds best cars of all time. think of how many porsches the v8 conversion has saved from the bone yard. instead of spending big $$$$ on one of the worlds most over engineered air cooled just to keep it on the road, american engunity has save early 911's and 914's from a certain demise. and porsche is saying thank you by flexing some muscle to shut down a good source of information on make a great car even better. just how much are modified porsches anyways? with all these aftermarket parts a 911 suspension can be completely non porsche factory parts. from wheels, torsion bar, spring plates, shocks, sway bars, coil overs, strut bars, body parts etc. all are not porsche parts. you do not see porsche shutting them down.....
Old 08-12-2002, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Mockmaw Send a message via AIM to Mockmaw
Perhaps we're leaping to conclusions.
Old 08-12-2002, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Interesting "Search" on the main groups page gave me the following link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Porschev

...When I clicked on it, it said "Ooops! There is no group..."

Odd. Hopefully this is a temporary glitch!

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 08-12-2002, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I got word earlier today they shut it down.

I plan to have a BBS up just like this one within the next few days.

I will name it Porschev, and they will have to take me to jail before I shut it down.

B
Old 08-12-2002, 11:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I remember being part of that group when there was like 5 people on it. When I changed my mind on conversion and decided to unsubscribe membership was into the hundreds. I can only imagine how many people are lost and pissed off at the disappearance of the porschev group. I remember getting like 30 emails a day from being part of that group. There were always good questions being asked and answered. Tons of info. The support there was as good as it is here. Porsche needs more focus on cars and less on Hybrid names.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to pbanders
Dr. Brad, be smart and come up with a clever non-P**** name for your new group. They actually will come after you, take you to court, and they'll win.

Porsche's "trademark assault" campaign has been going on for several years now and shows little sign of easing. This campaign is all part of what seems to be a larger plan of Porsche to alienate enthusiasts and establish "brand name preference" among the wealthy elite market they are targeting.

Let's face it, a company that shuts down one of the greatest developmental racing programs ever in order to build yet another bloated, overpriced SUV for Biff and Muffy to take Chrystal to the Montessori School on their way to Starbucks for a double-skinny Frappacino could give a crap about pissing off guys who are muscling a big-block V8 into a 914.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

How about VW-Porschev! Then you would have half of Germany after you!
Old 08-13-2002, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

how about Porcha-Cheby
Old 08-13-2002, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Dr. Brad,

I know they will win, but wouldnt it be more fun to come visit me at club FED while I learn to play golf ??

Seriously, Rod Simpson has been running adds for over 30 years in national publications like Hot Rod using the name Porschev.

I beleive that somebody with a bad business deal regarding a conversion car ratted the list out to Porsche. They would have never have known otherwise.

The last count on members for the PORSCHEV group was 552.

Very active board with lots of very good information.

We will see.

B
Old 08-13-2002, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

How bout PORSHEV

Same name but with the C left out. Sounds the same and shouldn't bunch up their panties.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Try this guy's.

I threw this up really quickly on our new server.

The email function isnt working, but will be before the end of the day.

Post away.

http://www.all914.com/porschev/

B
Old 08-13-2002, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Hell, they lost the war and the technology race - they gotta whine 'bout something. They're just pi$$ed they had to go water cooled and probably wanna lay claim that they invented it.

You could also try Chevorsch - it'll drive the laywers nuts trying to connect the missing "p" & "e". They don't have a trademark on borsh do they?

Whadda you expect from an entity that can't eat anything unless it is stuffed into an intestine.

We'll probably be sued by GM for defaming their name.

Oh Well

"Yellow Rusty Cars Are Faster"
Old 08-13-2002, 09:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
How about:

Porc-chop

"It's the New white meat....."

James

I gotta lay off the sugar this time of night!
Old 08-13-2002, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Red-Beard,

That's good but it may not work either. They may have registered Pork when they raced the 917/20, also known as the Pink Pig, at Lemans in 71. :-)

Mike
Old 08-14-2002, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

What's gonna happen to all the Porschev posts, pics, and files?
Old 08-14-2002, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

I'm trying to contact the moderator of the group to get everything over to a new site.

B
Old 08-14-2002, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: