Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Portland AX....again

Sunday AM. PIR Pro pits.

There are about 25 souls looking for about 15 more to come play.
Last event we had 7 runs each plus fun runs. It's all very low key (yeah.....till the engines start ) with loose structured classes....kinda' runwhatchabrung, based solely on engine size.

One needs to be there by 9:00.....then the mocycle jockies close the gates to the infield and they aren't opened again till 1ish.

10 bucks to get into the track, 15 bucks to run.

There's a couple of hot 9elebens and a Buckster S (scuse the speeling) that thump me regular like. Maybe I'll get em' this time.
This not Porsche only.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

JP, I'm going to try and make it out there. Probably won't run. Maybe I can get a ride in "ulf"?

74 914 1.8
Old 08-14-2002, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Come on down........

A ride?...We can do that, tho I will encourage you to drive your car, also.
If you have a brain bucket, bring it along.......or you'll have to borrow one there. I'm sure we can work something out.
In fact, anybody wanting a ride is welcome. As long as I get a couple of solo passes to try n' catch them 9elebens, I'll be happy.

I will warn you about something, however.
Two friends with 914 4 bangers have sat in that seat. They both now have 6er conversions in progress.....he,he. Maybe I should have a warning label on the dash.

I have "loaned" the car to another driver for the other run group.
Been semi-looking for someone that would like to share the ride.
I'm getting kinda old and my reflexes .......ah....aren't what they were. The car is a lot more capable than I am.

My son has first dibbs on the seat, but he moved to CA. for work......that sucked.
Experience is preferred, but enthusiasm counts for a lot.
Some expense/maintenence sharing would be necessary.

Last edited by J P Stein; 08-14-2002 at 10:49 AM..
Old 08-14-2002, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

JP, I've got a friend that wants to run (non-porsche) is there a way for him to reserve a spot or two so he can get some runs in or is it a first-come, first-served type of deal? Nevermind about that last part. He's not going to be able to make it.

74 914 1.8

Last edited by brain009; 08-14-2002 at 01:06 PM..
Old 08-14-2002, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

The dash plaque on JPs car reads, Warning: Be prepared to empty your wallet when you exit this vehicle.
Jim now has two sixers and I have one. This was after we rode in JPs 2.7 six.
You have been warned.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
Old 08-15-2002, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Brian showed up and got a ride.
His buddy Keith got one (from me), also. He also caged a couple-3, elsewhere. Says he's got a new 350Z on order and wants to come play......new meat, he,he.

Other than that, I stunk up the place. *May* have gotten into the top 10.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Stay away from my Member

Yet another reason to move out of Calif...

Even our autox's are more expensive -- I am stoked when I find something for $45/day.

I'm even more jealous now JP - you not only have a sweet sixer, but you get to exercise it locally and cheaply way too often!
2001 F150 Supercrew 4x4 | tow vehicle
Old 08-18-2002, 09:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by J P Stein
Brian showed up and got a ride.
His buddy Keith got one (from me), also. He also caged a couple-3, elsewhere. Says he's got a new 350Z on order and wants to come play......new meat, he,he.

Other than that, I stunk up the place. *May* have gotten into the top 10.
Thanks again for the rides JP! What a blast! Hopefully you're starting to feel a little better. Now I must resist the urge to empty my wallet and get a six

On a side note. I seem to remember that JP said that he has a problem with remembering names. I will now go by the name of Brian and my bro-in-law will no longer be Greg, but will go by the name of Keith

74 914 1.8

Last edited by brain009; 08-19-2002 at 05:10 AM..
Old 08-19-2002, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Hey, Chris--come up to the northern half of the state and you'll find cheaper autoX days. We *****ed and moaned two years ago when the prices went up from $20 to $25...

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 08-19-2002, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Brain, brian.....David?.....where did that come from?........
Ya gots to cut oldfarts some slack. ......the mind is the 3rd thing to go. I remembered you wuz tall & red on the haid.....or wuz that blondish

Greg, eh? oh well....
Old 08-19-2002, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Umm, long story (kinda). Think pinky and the brain (it's a cartoon from a few years back). It was the first thing I could think of for a login name. Yep, definitely tall! Anyways, thanks again.

74 914 1.8
Old 08-19-2002, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

So, JP when is the next scheduled AX? Want to make sure I can have my car ready for the next one.

74 914 1.8
Old 08-19-2002, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Oct 20........that's only 2 months from now. Iz'at enuff?
Old 08-19-2002, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: