Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to RichMason
914 members play more nicely than 911 members

I was browsing the 911 Forum and came across an incredible 5 page rant between some of the 911 members about a particular person's ebay policies. While a few 914 regulars weighed in with their reasonable views, this really makes the disturbances that have broken out on our side seem tame. Is it the added horsepower? Search back a few weeks for a post from ferrari2porsche...it is guaranteed to make your 914 faster.

P.S. I have to agree that 25 hours wasn't nearly enough...
Old 08-22-2002, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Have you not read the posts by Brad (BRM9148) here lately? DD just shut it down before it went too far (thanks Dave).

Last edited by JWest; 08-22-2002 at 12:49 PM..
Old 08-22-2002, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You are right though - we tend to be a little more technical (geeky?) over here than on the 911 board.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
True, some people can be cranky but the only p-word I see over here is porsche and I don't remember brad threatening to hurt anyone (or vice versa). Who knows, maybe pbanders is planning an attack with a large slingshot and alot of blown MPS's

Last edited by RichMason; 08-22-2002 at 12:09 PM..
Old 08-22-2002, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Agreed - it did get a little violent for a while over there.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to pbanders
Quote:
Originally posted by RichMason
True, some people can be cranky but the only p-word I see over here is porsche and I don't remember brad threatening to hurt anyone (or vice versa). Who knows, maybe pbanders is planning an attack with a large slingshot and alot of blown MPS's
?? Different Brad, not me.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Brad,

I realize it was a different Brad. I used you as a cheap attempt at humor because everyone knows of your expertise with the MPS (pretty low - name dropping on a BBS) and because I have never seen anything remotely controversial from you. However, I have enough junk MPS units laying around that I too could launch a sneak attack with an old innertube so maybe I should have left your name out of it and avoided the potential for confusion completely .
Old 08-22-2002, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

RichM,

I was laughing my backside off when I read it. I knew who you meant...LOL

James,

DaveD didnt catch that thread until he woke up. One phone call and I'll have him turn back on for you.

Dont think that I'm done... I'm just busy..LOL Unlike DaveD who has NEVER turned a wrench for a living on 914's... and really doesnt know anything outside if his 74 2.0. I do.

B
Old 08-22-2002, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I knew I'd get a response out of you.

Just giving you the fame and notoriety you know you deserve.

Brad, I know you have thick skin and enjoy anything that anyone can throw at you - so don't anyone take this as a flame war
Old 08-22-2002, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I didnt James.

We are cool. I cant start a flame war with fellow Texan. That would involve losing my dog and truck.

B
Old 08-22-2002, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I hate spitting drink all over my keyboard at work!
Old 08-22-2002, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Believe it or not,

I'm a pretty funny guy with a clue. I'm harsh in email and dont cut much slack in person, but I know when and where to have fun.

B
Old 08-22-2002, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
I'm just busy..LOL Unlike DaveD who has NEVER turned a wrench for a living on 914's... and really doesnt know anything outside if his 74 2.0.

LOL!!! Just when you thought he was a "kinder, gentler Br@d"--WHAMMO!! The smack-down! So much for your application for saint-hood, B!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know B has heard me say this, but I really am an idiot!! I know how to break things by using the wrong tools, I know how to re-do a job three or four times (I started buying 2 or 3 of all the "one-use" bits, figuring that would save time waiting for new parts to show up), and I know how to tell people what didn't work and what finally did.

I can communicate reasonably effectively, and I'm coming from the perspective of a DIY'er who doesn't know that much. I figure if I can do it, then anybody can!!

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 08-22-2002, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Yea,

Brad R. can bust your balls with some of his emails, I once told my wife something he said to or about me and she wanted to kick his @ss, I thought it was funny.......he ment no harm in it and I guess between the translation from me to her it lost it's humor....

no more of that for me, LOL

I'm guessing there are more 911 owners particpating, so that is why is seems you read more negitive comments...more people to add thier own 2cents....

Last edited by mike mueller; 08-22-2002 at 02:09 PM..
Old 08-22-2002, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Good old Brad....try spending a L O N G weekend with his hairy butt on a trip to Texas to pick up a race car......G E E Z,,,,,I had to wipe my eyes a few times after the burritto fest at Hooters....

He's not so bad.....when "I" am off my blood pressure medication, look out.

Then there is the Rennlist....this is T A M E....

BTW....the 911 list nickname is the "little penis" list.....

Last edited by Joe Bob; 08-22-2002 at 02:16 PM..
Old 08-22-2002, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Yup, I for one welcome any and all slams from Brad, I guess it comes from knowing him. I think the only thing that he could say to me that would really piss me off is "no, I'm not going to tell you how to do that " :-)
Old 08-22-2002, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Friend of Warren

Quote:
Originally posted by mike mueller
Yea,
I'm guessing there are more 911 owners particpating, so that is why is seems you read more negitive comments...more people to add thier own 2cents....
Well, truth be known, us 911 owners flame more due to the well known fact that 911 owners are more "well hung" then their 914 compatriots and simply have more testosterone. As 911 owners also are able to get more women then 914 owners we generally have an outlet for all the excess energy. But should we be having a slow day we just take it out on the 911 board.

Gone, but not forgotten: '86 Carrera, '72 911E, 2001 Boxster
Old 08-22-2002, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Looks like I should buy back the 2 SC's I sold and join the 911 list.

Damn, that was good Kurt.

As soon as I see a stock 911 driver beat one of our 4cyl factory injected 2.0 cars at the track. We will chat.

Our biggest laugh is the GT driver (new turbo car ya know) who is slower than our 4cyl cars.

I'm sure there is a few SC drivers out there that can take us, but I have yet to see it.

So.. I'm thinking the 914 owner has the bigger balls in this case.

B
Old 08-22-2002, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Mockmaw Send a message via AIM to Mockmaw
You know what I've really noticed recently, now that we're talking about some Porsche owners playing nicer than others.. I'm surprised by which Porsche drivers wave when I wave to them. (In the spirit of owning and restoring my car, I always wave to all other Porsche drivers I see on the road.)

I've had a single Boxster owner wave back (ONE! That's terrible!).. I've had absolutely no post-SC 911's, 993's, or 996's wave back.. SC and earlier 911's wave back at about 50%, teener's wave back about 80% of the time, original 924's about 50%, 944's about 5%, 912's about 80%.. and 356 owners ALWAYS wave! (a very nice feeling!)

Anyone else want to report their findings? (I know SOME of you Porsche owners wave!)
Old 08-22-2002, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Like I mentioned on the little winkey list....BTW....I have a 356, 914 AND a 911.....the 356 guys used to bvitch about the new 911 owners back in the 60s.....so it's mostly a yung, dumb, few of cum, no freakin' clue to life thang....

Drive yer Porsche, wave and maybe one day they will get a clue.....if they don't.....screwem.....
Old 08-22-2002, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: