Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unhappy don't mean to be mean

sorry...i just have to vent a little....please don't take this the wrong way...if i'm in the wrong please let me know....if it is just me......????...i live in the bay area and was looking for a 914 club to hang out with....roadglue sounded great...out in san jose...a few miles away.....looked like a bunch of grat guys with nice 914's...but the the porsche autofest in ventura was coming up...the same weekend they put on an event....they basically in their own words said....everyone in their group better attend their get together and not porsche ventura.....i think thats crappy...we should support porsche in all ways possible...other wise no such event would be held....i don't mean to pick on anyone....just an example...but like i said ....we should all support PORSCHE...maybe the could meet in ventura at the same time....just my own personal..crappy...opinion
Old 09-14-2002, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I don't remember signing up for any membership or anything. Did they send you an email or something. I just don't remember getting that impression the last time I was around those guys. To me they seemed like if you show great, if not....well so what. They seemed happy just having one guy to talk cars with. I mainly talked to Mike Mueller the last time I was their though. Cool guy down to earth. ah what do I know anyways. I'm dense to that sort of thing.
Old 09-14-2002, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

John,
Give them another chance. We attended the Roadglue event today. Our first time. I'm sure if you asked the 35 or so people that were there, you would find that most of them were not deciding between the two events. Ventura is a long road south and a lot longer time investment. We were done by 12noon. Had a blast driving some great roads and checking out the 25+ cars there.

Just my 2cents.
DanD
Old 09-14-2002, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
John, if someone in Roadglue says that, tell them they're being an ***hole. Brad will agree that he is indeed, and you'll be fast friends!

Seriously, some folks in Roadglue have a pretty sarcastic sense of humor. I'm quite sure they were joking. Roadglue is a very casual group all in all, and the kind of remark that you heard is so very out of character that I could only concieve of it as being a joke.

Hey, I'm a Roadglue'er, and I was in Ventura. They haven't kicked me out of the club yet!!

As for keeping up with the events, check http://www.roadglue.com , and you can also check the e-mail list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/roadglue .

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 09-16-2002, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: