Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Calibrating Dual Dellorto Carbs on a 1970 Porsche 914

Hello All,

I have a 1970 Porshe 914 with a 2.0 engine and dual dellorto carbs. My brother gave it to me as a present and I am trying to get it road worthy. It had not been driven for three years and sure enough, the engine fired up on the first try. However, I am having a problem maintaining the engine idle and I believe it can be attributed to the dellorto calibration. If anyone can provide some guidance on how to effectively calibrate these, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Paul
Old 09-14-2002, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

buy the cb weber book and read it for a good overview and so you understand how these things work. try the tech articles at aircooled.net. use the search engine here and at shoptalkforums.initial set up is crutial.you need to start with a baseline idle (it will probably be high) and then bring things into focus. if you have'nt done it, change the fuel filter first. then get a piece of paper, draw a circle, write "bang head here" in the circle and tack it to your garage wall. have fun, and bring a large dose of patience.

kevin

Last edited by Kevin Powers; 09-15-2002 at 07:30 AM..
Old 09-15-2002, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Clean Clean Clean

Change all the filters from tank to Carbs. Drain old gas to put in your Lawnmower. Fresh gas flush all lines. Shoot some carb cleaner into both float bowls once you get it running. Clean the jets. If that don't make a difference let us know
Old 09-15-2002, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Do a search on dellortos (all forums), will bring up some good posts on the subject.

Then start looking for a deal on some sync flow meters (let me know if you find one, as I need some too)
Old 09-15-2002, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: