Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Smile ----

----

Last edited by kdfoust; 06-20-2004 at 09:16 PM..
Old 09-15-2002, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'll be interested in hearing how you like these. just seems like an expensive route for someone who can't drop off and pick them up. for me, living in SF, it's probably better to spend $100 more per seat and get the konig KS914's.
Old 09-16-2002, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

yeah I like the fact they are vintage looking, along with the KS914's. I'm not too big on having super modern looking seats in a 914, just my taste. oh I thought it would cost more to ship the seats, maybe it's just too big of hassle for me to find a box big enough! wonder if they would sell you the seats before you gave them a donor pair? well, something to think about if I ever get another car!
Old 09-16-2002, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Stay away from my Member

Hey Kevin,

I agree that the Renegade seats are a killer way to go if you don't need a full "race" seat.

Did you do the math and figure out whether the side-mount seats like that spendy Koenig will fit in our cars? Seems to me there's very little room for side-mounts, and you'd probably have to lose the e-brake (no biggie) and floorpan cross-bar (not a huge biggie either).
2001 F150 Supercrew 4x4 | tow vehicle
Old 09-16-2002, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to RichMason
Kevin,

Do you know if you can you buy those Renegade seats without the writing on them?

Rich
73 1.7
Old 09-17-2002, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

someone on here mentioned you can.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

oh really? interesting! I think it was even DD who said you can get without. I guess I go with the KS914 at some point for sure, not big on the logos at all.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to RichMason
In the South, having Renegade on my seats would be too close to Rebel - I would need a confederate flag to go with it. Maybe if he took the Porsche crest and substituted Renegade for Porsche - sounds like a quick lawsuit... I guess I would go with the writing in bright neon red for a sponsorship discount but I always scratch off the dealer names from the backs of my cars as well - I refuse to be a billboard.
Old 09-17-2002, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Yup, I said that. And yup, I was wrong. I talked to Scott about that on Sunday, and he will not sell the seats without the name on them. (He made one exception, but that was very specific circumstances.) He will do black stitching on black seats (or color-on-color if you have non-black seats) but he won't sell them without.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 09-17-2002, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I talked to Scott about the logo, and he said you can get in any color you want. I'm thinking clear fishing line=B^). Anyway it is not to hard to get a "thread or stitch removal tool". You just take out the logo that is sewn in. Time consuming but it can be done.
I like the Renegade seat, much better than the Corbeau classic that I have in my yellow 75. The price was $400 for the pair.
No adapters needed.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP914
Old 09-17-2002, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: