Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Everyone knows you can't turbo

a 914. Nonetheless, there is one on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1859569179

At least it is not a limo.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Hunh, it still hasn't sold, has it? No big surprise there... Heck, they won't even show any pics of the engine bay!! This car was speculated about at length a few months ago.

Yeah yeah, everybody knows you can't turbo a 914--European Car magazine said so, and they're never wrong, are they? Just ignore Sammy Gore, Ed Morrow, Ed Villela, Jeff Shyu, and the others who have actually built 914 turbos... They obviously didn't, because EC said it wasn't possible!!

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 09-16-2002, 01:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Stay away from my Member

I'm sure a lot of you saw it, but Richard Clewett had his turbo SIX at the Ventura Autofest. Unfortunately the lids were all shut so you couldn't see too much (except the big turbo in the right-rear, and the gigantic intercooler in the rear trunk lid was a little hard to miss).
2001 F150 Supercrew 4x4 | tow vehicle
Old 09-16-2002, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
How many concours points do you lose by putting a turbo in the engine compartment and them putting the turbo plate on the rear?

James

CW wanna be
Old 09-16-2002, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Well it placed first in its class. A "turbo" 914. The only 1 entered.
Old 09-17-2002, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I purchased a motor from this guy (if itís the same guy and I think it is). He was a VW mechanic and really knew his stuff. If anyone is interested in this car Iím about an hour away and wouldnít mind the drive just to see it in person and check it out for ya.

Buy My Car
Old 09-17-2002, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure this car is in Texas (or was), it's an estate sale since the owner passed on a few months ago.
Old 09-17-2002, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Mike, I beleive this is a Wisconsin car, the guy was a well known longtime enthusiast in the Milwaukee area.

FWIW, all this has been available for a while. 914 Guru Brad Mayeur bought a bunch of parts from the estate in February or March, and I think it was January when I first heard about the turbo being available.
1970 914-6 (sold)
1998 993 C2 S (sold)
Next Porsche?
Old 09-17-2002, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

i guess i'll keep my mouth shut until i look at the pictures better

it has Wis. plates.....my bad

don't know why i thought texas.....
Old 09-17-2002, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Holy cow, I recently bought this car! Thank god neither of these guys knew how to take pics or present cars on ebay. None of the pics on ebay (either time) do this car justice! The turbo is a nice "bonus" but this teener is one of the nicer ones I've ever seen. I probably would have bought it even if it wasn't running. As soon as the guy opened the garage door, the wife knew it was coming home with me. Nice complete strip down paint job, more NOS parts on it than you can shake a stick at, Scheel seats, Konis, new factory dash, etc. etc etc.

Brad Mayeur saw this car in person and told me to go for it!

Rob
Old 02-01-2003, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: