Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
FI Help: only one Cylinder running rich...

Hello,

I just need some quick advice or help. All of my cylinders "Spark Plugs" look great except one, the #3 looks very sooty "Rich". When I went to pull off the electric plug I noticed that the wire part was missing and it could not snap onto the injector like the others. You can pull it on and off without that little snap like the rest. Could this be the problem? What would happen if the electric plug came off on an injector?

I know #3 is the first one in the FI line, could there be issues elsewhere? Before I run out and buy a new injector does anyone have any advice on this. The car seems to run great. Lots of power. All that is wrong is more soot on the #3.

Thanks,

1979 911sc
1973 914 2.0
Old 09-18-2002, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I would guess that the rich cylinder may have a leaking injector I.E. some small piece of dirt has prevented the injector from fully closing so that too much gas in getting into that cylinder. The other possibility is that the plug is not firing as well as it should be due to weak plug wires, etc. Both can be tested to see if they are okay. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to pbanders
The injectors fire in pairs, so if you have one that is having a problem, the source of the problem is either in the wiring or with the injector.

If your injector wiring harness plug is faulty, remove your harness and have Jeff Bowlsby (bowlsby@aol.com) refurbish your harness for you. He'll install new rubber boots, replace broken plugs, eliminate open sections, etc., all for a very reasonable price.
Old 09-18-2002, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: