Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

PCA GGR Time Trial rules

It appears as if GGR will take a look at the current TimeTrial and AutoX rules for our region this weekend.

I PRAY to the high heavens that Bob Gardener changes our Time Trial rules to reflect the PCA club racing rules.

This would make life soooo much easier for people building cars.

Go BOB.

It kinda blows building a car to time trial rules and finding out it doesnt fit in club racing rules... meaning you cant use TT as a stepping stone to club racing without building another car or making some really time consuming changes to it to make it legal for Club racing.

I pray and hope that other regions take a look and standardize on a single set of rules (Like every other ORG. in the world).

B
Old 09-18-2002, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

One of the early and important lessons I learned was to build the car to the most restrictive rules depending on your wildest idea of what you might want to do. I finally figured the best thing would have been to just buy a Formula Vee or Ford!
Old 09-18-2002, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I build ALL the cars to meet SCCA rules, this (so far) has kept all my customers out of trouble with any org that they run with.

About the only org not letting our cars in right now is the HSR west series. My cages use a set of pickup points that they dont like (6 points versus my 8) which 8 is legal for everybody else.

They are a vintage group. I would imagine that If I had a chance to show them a 914 we built...they would allow it. Right now however, they dont currently fit their 2.0 class rules.

B
Old 09-18-2002, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Since I race with HSR-West I know what you are talking about. They, like most vintage organizations want "period correctness" which means 6 pt cages, drum brakes, etc, etc. HSR West is a little looser than say VARA or HSW, but if the car is built for the 2.0l series then it has to conform to the "old" stuff. If the car was built that way in 1969, then you could race it thte way it was built. For the cars such as you build they do let them into the medium bore class where you get to race other makes.
Old 09-18-2002, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Stay away from my Member

I agree...to make things worse, even contiguous zones (7 & 8) have different rules and car classifications. It's a PITA.
2001 F150 Supercrew 4x4 | tow vehicle
Old 09-18-2002, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: