Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Limited Edition pix and info needed

Looking for ANY photos, websites and other related information about the 74 Limited Edition or 914 GT cars (european version of the LE).

Share your knowledge and pix!
Old 09-20-2002, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Paul_Heery Send a message via Yahoo to Paul_Heery
http://www.highway914.net/cars/storm/storm.htm
Old 09-20-2002, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Nice site, I haven't seen that one before. Now I understand how the owner got the nick name "Rusty".
Old 09-20-2002, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Nah that isn't so bad. That's what all 914s look like in Michigan. Only difference is guys around here want the same price for a car like that that the guys in California pay for a nice car. Boy I paid too much for my car You California guys are so lucky. I guess so am I. I'm moving there in a month. Oh and I was just kidding, Yes that is very bad looking. I wasn't kidding about Michigan cars though.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

wow, makes my floorpan look rust free
Old 09-20-2002, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

jeff, want to give details on the little yellow beauty? thanks jc
Old 09-20-2002, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Hi!

That's my site/car. I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Mike Ginter

Yeah, so, did ya half to fix any rust on that car?

Old 09-20-2002, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Just some surface rust. Nothing serious.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

The reason I ask, is because I just acquired a Bumblebee Limited Edition like Lawrences and am looking for more information, as I may restore it.

Lawrence, your site mentions that you matched the valence color to the color of the AA side stripes. Is the aftermarket side stripe color not correct for the Bumblebee? What is the right color? I have seen two different references, Sunflower Yellow and Saturn Yellow. My car has the original paint and it looks like Sunflower Yellow. I'd appreciate your response.

My other question is that, from what I can tell, the popular 'negative' side stripes appear to have been originally issued as a Limited Edition item, at least in Yellow, red and Green. The 'positive stripes were available before then. Is it coincidence that the negative stripes came out at the same time as the LE cars as a dealer option or were they intended only as an LE item? Anyone know for sure?

<> huh, are talkin to me? I don't understand your question, please give more details....
Old 09-21-2002, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

the proper color for the bumpers, trim, side strips and wheels is Sunflower Yellow.

Summer Yellow and Sunflower Yellow are the same color, if you check the color codes - I guess that 'sunflower' wasn't manly enough for a Porsche color, so they changed it to Summer.

The repro side stripes from AA were very, very close to a perfect match. But I didn't want there to be a shade mismatch, so I had my auto body supply store scan the stripe and match the color exactly.

Hope this helps,
Lawrence
Old 09-22-2002, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Jeff, check the Karmann plate in the door. On the LE cars, the color listed is the "trim color", not the base body color.

...Or so I have been told...

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 09-23-2002, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Thanks Dave, I've heard that referece to the paint color plate before, but I have my doubts. This car has the L041 code which is black, for the body color.

The accent color looks like Sunflower Yellow L13K, from Mark D's website, but the 700 tips book lists Saturn Yellow (L13M) as the accent. I think the dr. is in error on this one.

Have you seen/heard of more than one bonafide LE car with the accent color code on the color plate?

Lawrence, what is the color code on your door jamb plate?

Last edited by bowlsby; 09-23-2002 at 08:50 AM..
Old 09-23-2002, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
You sure the car is an LE? A Certificate of Authenticity would say for sure...

If you show to local PCA events, look for a guy named Richard Jung (Yung?). He has or had (a few years ago) a whole bunch of LEs.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 09-23-2002, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Pretty sure its an LE...all the right indicators are there.

COA on order, we'll see.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I also have a 74 LE (I think) and would like to confirm it. How do I get the Certificate of Authenticity and what is the cost? Also on "Rusty's" site it says that only 1000 were made, does that make it more valuable?
Old 09-24-2002, 03:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
Only if it's the "last one".
Geoff

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 09-24-2002, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Check towards the front of this month's Excellence, they have an ad by Porsche that tells you how to get a COA. I think it was $70, plus proof of ownership and about $6 for shipping. You can get it laminated for another $10.

Last edited by Will98D; 09-24-2002 at 06:46 AM..
Old 09-24-2002, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Here is the link for the COA. I just received one I had ordered a few weeks ago. its $30, but I see higher prices on different websites. I printed out a copy of the web info, sent in a money order and they accepted it.

http://www.dgi.net/914/tech/authenticity.html
Old 09-24-2002, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: