Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Reminder: "For Sale" and "Wanted" posts

The number of "for sale" and "wanted" posts in this section of the BBS has been going back up again, so it looks like it's time for a friendly reminder.

The 914 Technical Forum is not an appropriate place to post a note saying that you are looking for a part, or that you are selling a part or a car. The place for those types of message is:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914-used-parts-sale-wanted/

Mis-posted threads will be either moved or deleted.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 09-20-2002, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Just because I can......the 912 list doen;t have a seperate site for sale items...just though I would pont it out......

BTW....can I put naked pics here....
Old 09-21-2002, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Mike Ginter

And because I can too...

If your last naked pic is any indication of the quality (not to mention gender) of the naked pics you want to post... then NO! Otherwise I defer to DD

Hi Dave!

Ginter's 914 stuff
Old 09-21-2002, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

So.. Dave,

The Pelican for sale area is very lame.. is their anything we can do to spruce it up ??

B
Old 09-23-2002, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Not much that I can do... Wayne might be able to, if he can find the time.

Suggestions? I'm guessing the biggest problem is a lack of readers...

--DD

Old 09-24-2002, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

seems like it's a different group of people who go to the classifieds as opposed to the BBS. not sure why, unless they don't know this place is here. don't want to criticize, but it seems the whole PP site could use a redesign.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Suggestions?

No guarantees about any of it getting implemented, but suggestions are always good to see...

--DD

Old 09-24-2002, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Stay away from my Member

I don't have any concrete suggestions either, but I have noticed the same thing.

The Rennlist email and web discussion boards are dropping in content compared to here.

But the Rennlist classifieds section seems to be very high-traffic (911/914 parts at least).

And 914club.com gets tons of listings that don't show up on Pelican or Rennlist.

Hard to explain...
2001 F150 Supercrew 4x4 | tow vehicle
Old 09-24-2002, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I don't think the classifieds section gets "traffic" because there's not much reason to respond to a classifed ad. I'd just email the person letting them know I want the part.

I probably check the classifieds section once every 2-3 days and I'm not even looking for anything.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: