Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

914 almost smashed!

So here I was sitting at my computer browsing the forum at about 5:00 A.M. when I hear a car in front of my house. I look and see this truck right behind my 914, way too close!! That pisses me off so I investigate. The whole time lights are flashing from up the street in front of my neighbors house which I couldn't really see.
I look through another window and see two guys inside my neighbors truck trying to steal it!! I grab my shotgun and out the front door. I yell at the guys in my deepest cop voice. "GET OUT OF THE TRUCK!!" One guy runs down the street. By now I am under the street light pointing the thing, while the other guy gets into his truck and in his panic nearly rams my beloved 914!! I don't know if I was shaking afterwards because I pointed a gun at someone or if it was because my car almost got hit.
Seriously though, that was the most excitement I ever had browsing this forum!! lol
Old 09-22-2002, 06:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
You Crazy Mon, I'm glad the real cops didn't show up to see you with the shot gun. You'd be to one in jail. Worst yet, if they caught the guys you pointed it at. They'd have been your cell mates. I think I'd have done the same thing though. I hope your nieghbor is greatful.
WCC 04 done by the kids
Who says Aliens only abduct people.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Speedo, glad everything turned out OK. Just remember, don't point a gun at someone unless you are prepared to use it, otherwise they might just take it away from you.

Rich, maybe in Minnesota or on the Left Coast you get arrested for trying to make a citizens arrest of two felons, but here in the South you get a medal.
Old 09-22-2002, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Well I told the officer who took the report what happened and how they about fell on their backs trying to get away. I referred to my shot gun and said maybe that's why. He actually laughed and said "I'm sure that's why". Neighbor was happy. I was ready to use it alright.......really glad I didn't. I have been ripped off before and was really pissed, seeing those guys in the act brought it all back. Yeah I hear you though, very true.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: