Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Never left, but not right

Rear Brake Solution

I have been working on vented rotors for the rear and finally came up with the combo I will use. I have the early 911 M front calipers and rear vented 911 rotors from '70 on to Carrera ('84 or '85, I don't know which). This is a bolt up deal with very little mods needed. The pads are centered on disc, with no overlap or interference. All that is necessary to complete this conversion is to elongate the caliper holes by 1/16th inch and place a spacer w/ longer bolt between caliper and mounting ears. The width of the spacer will vary do to inconsistancies in the original parts. Somewhere between .100 and .125.
The calipers will not be centered on the disc, but there is room for the inside piston to work. And there is no e-brake on this setup except by adding a static hydraulic lock, but it is not to be trusted for parking.

This conversion allows, I believe, for good balance when using very large calipers in front. An adjustable proportioning valve should be considered. A larger M/C is required. At least 19mm if not more, depending on fronts. This is a good setup for six conversions, especially the bigger, heavier 3.0s and 3.2s.
Old 09-22-2002, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: