Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Anyone in savannah this weekend?

Is there some kind of event going on at the racetrack this weekend?

Was the term "914 Homecoming" mentioned?

Or am I dreaming?
2k2 VW New Beetle Turbo S
Old 09-25-2002, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

HSR has a race at Roebling Road this weekend. The featured car is the 914. As of yesterday I understand only 75 cars have entered in all classes combined. Check hsrrace.com for more info.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The HSR event at Roebling Road is a non-spectator event. To get in you must be an HSR member or on a teams crew list. Or know somebody at the track. It's a low-key event that usually has a pretty good field of HSR cars. Brumos sets up their transporter and shows and runs their 914's. I'll try to go out on Saturday but I'm not sure I can, do to work. Ahhh, I'll get there.

Mike
Old 09-25-2002, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
If yo ushow up at an HSR event and you are not a member, you can join on the spot. I think its $25 a year.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

General membership is $50 per year. That gets you in to every race they run (except the exhibition race before the 24hrs of Daytona). If you can make a couple of races, it is a good deal.
Old 09-26-2002, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks to everyone for the information!
2k2 VW New Beetle Turbo S
Old 09-26-2002, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

well ........ the mechanical gremlins have reared their ugly heads again. grrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!

i took my carbs apart and cleaned them and put larger idle and main jets in and i'm having a heck of a time getting the carbs adjusted. not to mention a couple of persistent fuel leaks. so to take it out on a road trip with little or no practice runs around town wouldn't be wise. plus all the rain from the hurricans and the t.s., it could be a wet weekend!!

so, it looks like i have to take the daily driver again this year! )-: i should have everything sorted out for brumos' swapmeet and the historics in daytona.

hey ... nothing like having a 914 get together and everyone drives their dd because their 914s are broke down!!! (-:

i'll either be there sat. morning or by the lunch break. i look forward to meeting any teeners that show up!

doug
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougwatersfotos/
Old 09-26-2002, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: