Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Tapiro: was anyone hurt?

Nothing like a question asked 30 or so years later, but I am interested in the picture I saw of the burned out 914 Tapiro show car. I understand it was the victim of some labor agitators mad at their employer in Spain. I was wondering if it was blown up while someone was in it or by remote control? And if the builder of it, Ital Design, paid to get the burned out wreck back or it was just shipped them for free?

You might remember the car as a double gullwinged silver car, gullwings for drive rand passenger and more gullwings for engine compartment.

There was also two other prototypes on 914 chassis, one by Heulitz in France, I forget the other coachbuilder but I don't think either one is as celebrated as the Tapiro was in its time.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
I don't believe anyone was in the car when it was burned. I am not sure of the fate of it now.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 07-13-2014, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I thought his wife burnt it down ...

>> 1970, 914-6, #374 (Original) For sale!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Last I heard its on display somewhere - Spain maybe?

Old 07-17-2014, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: