Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

$100k 914-6 in SD

anyone seen the car in person which is listed on the SD PCA site for sale? how do you spend $100k on an original 914-6 like this?
Old 09-30-2002, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Stay away from my Member

I have seen several 914-6's where the owner very likely had $100K or more into the car.

After looking up this ad, though, I must say I'm skeptical about this case. Other than an engine transplant it seems to be essentially "just" a -6.

The cars I am thinking of have extensive race mods...engine, electronics, suspension, custom bodywork, brakes, wheels, tires, safety gear, on and on...literally no part untouched.

Makes ya go...hmmm...
2001 F150 Supercrew 4x4 | tow vehicle
Old 09-30-2002, 10:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

That's the 914-6 I mentioned in an earlier post. The conversion was done in AZ and the engine was not installed straight so the tranny mounts ripped out of the trunk at Willow Springs. That was all repaired and some more tranny work done and then it came to the current owner who found it was not really setup for track use and he spent a ton of $$$$$ to get the suspension rebuilt and lowered the car a couple of inches and now it is pretty competitive at most anything. The last I heard all the head to barrel joints were leaking so some major engine work will be needed? A much better deal is Ron's 911s which could go vintage racing, etc.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

wow, $100k later and it still needs motor work. how do you not install a motor straight into a car which is not a conversion? yeah I added up some costs and even being really generous I only get about $60k. I guess in the $100k is all the repair work to fix what was done wrong to start with.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Well Toms car is only $50K and he has 2 for that price! Wow now his price doesn't seem so bad. In fact I think i am going to ask $40k for my car when I finish it just so I can be competitively priced. Ha ha.

Derek, you wanted a nice car, take a loan out on your house and go for it!
Old 10-01-2002, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

well it says $100k invested, but is asking $25k. still don't see how you can have $100k into a 914 though. probably would be a nice car to pick up if it weren't for the repairs john mentioned.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: