Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Hooking up horn with Momo wheel...

Ok, I feel like the village idiot here. I figured out that you need to remove the contact from the origional wheel and screw it onto the rear of the adapter hub. I then connect the wire to the horn button. But there is an extra wire supplied, as well as something that looks kinda like a piston ring, except smaller. Ehat do these do?
Old 10-01-2002, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Mike Ginter

I hgad an entire reply all ready to go. Now I have to go out and look. Drat.

Ginter's 914 stuff
Old 10-01-2002, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Mike Ginter

I don't want to take it all apart. I think I remember now though.

The wire goes onto one of the screws of the stock ring onto the adapter shorting it to ground. The other end goes to the horn button. The wire on the car coming from the horn (relay, whatever) plugs into the stock ring connector. The power wire via the contact ring and subsequently the horn button shorts power to ground when the button is pushed. They supply enough stuff to do multiple applications so you could end up with extra parts. Put it together and blow your horn.

A shorter test would be to just take the horn wire and short it to ground on the column. Did the horn blow? Test it all as you put it together and then again before you bolt everything down.

Ginter's 914 stuff
Old 10-01-2002, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: