Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Never left, but not right

Windshield Banners

Anyone know what company made this? It's on a dark tinted vinyl film, but thicker than window tint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dcp00131.jpg (30.6 KB, 654 views)
Old 10-26-2002, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Milt, try Final Touch Graphics in San Diego. They didn't make that one but they can make a Porsche logo in any size you want, including the 6 ft tall one that was on the trailer at the CA Speedway. Good luck.
Old 10-26-2002, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I bought one off some guy on e-bay operating out of Malta of all places (I guess Porsche can't touch him there).

I had him make me the PORSCHE letters for the windshield in yellow to match my car. It mounts on the inside of the windshield.

Picture attached is not the yellow version (duh!)

He can also reproduce the lettering for the bottom part of the doors in both the positive stripe and negative stripe version.

Regards,
Old 10-26-2002, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Karl, I saw some of those banners on Ebay. But not that one. That's very nice and on the inside too!

Can you post a link? Malta, Schmalta, I don't care if they come from China. I know they don't come from Pelican, 'cause I looked.

Oh, did you catch the crest on the left?
Old 10-26-2002, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Currently on e-bay...

The windshield banner

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1870485387

side stripes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1871263229
Old 10-26-2002, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks. I did see those, I'm sorry. Was the windshield put on with the glass out of the car?
Old 10-26-2002, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I'm not sure. I haven't installed it yet. I plan to replace my cracked windshield, so I will probably install it before I replace the windshield. But I don't see why you couldn't install it with the windshield in place.

They are individual letters vs. a banner.

Regards,
Old 10-26-2002, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Yikes! The front crossmember of my roll cage would make it impossible to line up the letters from the inside. Tell you what. I'm gonna wait and see if anyone knows about this one piece deal on tinted film. I want some shading up there for sure. I was going apply the banner and then tint over it down about a third. I sit right on the floor w/o any sliding seat backets.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Where can I find a banner without lettering?

I guess it's not really a banner then but, just looking for some shade (transparent silver preferred) since I removed my bloated sun visors.

Thanks

Markus
Old 05-18-2005, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
JW Apostate

Here's my www.willstile.com banner.

I like it.

KT

'74 914-6 2.6 SS #746
'01 Boxster
'73 914
Old 05-19-2005, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: