Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Porsche Crest Porache 914 fire

So I was working on removing the door buzzer off my 914 and the buzzer shorted. Fast forward one day and two drives later, I'm sitting in my garage playing with my turn signal, and smoke starts pouring out. Next thing I know the whole bundle of turn signal wires was on fire. I was able to put it out before permanent damage. Also beforehand accidentally jumbled the fuse box. Can anyone help me determine the reason that this happened? I really want to get her back on the road.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

As you have just discovered "PLAYING" with anything electrical is dangerous unless you know what the wires do you are working on. I am not sure what you mean by "jumbled" the fuse box but if some wires got crossed or broken or connected wrong then you are in a mess! I would suggest getting the correct year wire diagram and start at the batt. and learn what each one does and how they connect. You can buy replacements but that is expensive!
Old 03-16-2015, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Always disconnect the battery when replacing or repairing anything electrical. I have installed a battery cut off switch in place of the cigarette lighter just to be safe.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
914 , fire , porsche , repairs