Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Rear control arm play

I recently installed new Weltmeister control arm bushings and after 8 track days and a little street driving, I have developed some play on the outboard bushing on the right side. I checked the shaft bolt and it was tight. I removed the control arm mounting pivot and inspected the bushing and it looks brand new. Slid it out a little and it felt snug on both the I.D. and the O.D. Put everthing back together (hopefully didn't screw up the alignment too bad) and still have noticeable movement when applying load at 12 and 6 on the tire. I'm worried that I will fail tech inspection on Saturday for DE. Anybody have advice on what to do next or should I just buy a new bushing and hope it tightens up?
Old 10-31-2002, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I have seen worn shafts do this exact same thing. I had to grab another shaft from the stash.

Sounds like you'll be replacing yours.

Did it go together real easy ?? This is a sure sign that the shaft it worn out.

B
Old 10-31-2002, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks Brad. Better the shaft than the control arm. I've got some time and money in the control arms which have the weltmeister box sections welded on. Are the shafts available new? Whats the chance of getting one in 3-5 days?

T.G.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have never bought one new (I doubt they sold them, we arent actually supopsed to pull the crontrol arm apart)

I cant get one too you that quickly (I'm not at the shop)

You can however call the shop (toll free) and speak with Rich.

Ask him to send one out next day air on Monday.

He will ask you to fax him credit card authorization.

Make damn sure you tell him that your a racing buddie of BRAD and that we go way back.. otherwise your Joe Blow customer..

toll free 877-914-4YOU

B
Old 11-01-2002, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: