Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question auto trunk release

the 73 2.0 I recetly purchased has the auto trunk release activated by a push button located on center consol; my question ...is there a way to "deactivate" or lock this so no one can just push this button(when the top is off and no one is around) and take my top or any thing else they want from the trunk area? (I'm fairly new to this site but really love the "camaraderie" I see and help you all give each other!!!thank you to those who have helped point me in the right dirrection in my previous questions !
Old 11-11-2002, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You could tie it into one of the fuses that gets power after you turn the inigition key.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

On mine (the old one), the PO installed the switch in the glove box. That way, you could lock the box when the top was off.

krk.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Great idea krk...simple I like that. I'll have to move mine there..getting to old to keep looking under the dash for it.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by krk
On mine (the old one), the PO installed the switch in the glove box. That way, you could lock the box when the top was off.

krk.
Probably easier to just change the wiring than to re-position the switch though. I agree with sacook, just wire it into the ignition circuit so that it's not powered unless the ignition is on. That has the added benefit of not draining your battery if it shorts out.

Aaron
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 11-12-2002, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: