Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Paul_Heery Send a message via Yahoo to Paul_Heery
Porsche Crest Interesting Site

I came across an interesting 914 site today. It is the home of the Austrian 914 Drivers. http://www.porsche914.at It has some interesting content and some different pictures. They have an entire 1969 914 Owners Manual on-line. However, it is in German. look under Rare Docs

Here is a link to a Google translated version of the site.

I'm just trying to figure out how some of these European sites get away with using the Porsche name in their URLs and prominently posting copyrighted materials on thier sites. If I tried this, I'd probably get a 'cease and desist' letter from the Porsche lawyers in a matter of minutes.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The picture of the guy riding the bicycle across the 914 bridge.....well, it's...uh.......it's a good use of an old body! Yeah, that's it!
Old 11-14-2002, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Only Porsche AG (Germany) and PCNA are currently involved with the domain-name thing.
In other countries, it's up to the national importer to keep things in control. Needless to say, most of them don't care enough to put expensive lawyers on it.

Just about when RennList had the same problems with the "PorscheList" domain registration, I registered the domain "porschefans.net" for our local club.
I promptly received a hatemail from the lawyers at PCNA which claimed I was a "cyberpirate" and should give up the domain a.s.a.p.
I answered them I was located in the Netherlands and that 'murican laws don't mean squat here. I advised them to either contact the Dutch importer or to shut up...
Never heard of them again

Cheers,

Jeroen
Old 11-14-2002, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: