Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
GPS speedometer?

Hey, I was watching Power boat television on the NASCAR,,..er the Speed Cannel. They were showing a cool speedometer run by GPS. I can't imagine this would be very accurate for street use. Anyone heard of a car guy using one of these? Just a curious question.
WCC 04 done by the kids
Who says Aliens only abduct people.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
I use one. Uniden GPSRD. It's a little behind the mech speedo (slower), but it is definitely more accurate. I've checked it against the street "flash your speed" radar units.

James
Old 11-16-2002, 11:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Wink GPS

I use one in my motor home to check speedo and odometer very accurate. I just plug it to cig. liter socket Great Toy
2002 Land Rover Disco
2002 Astro Van
32' motor home
Old 11-17-2002, 12:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I use a Garmin Street Pilot and it can measure my speed when I am walking and can find position sensitive enough to know the difference from the front to back of my house. I live in SoCal and I've read that not all areas of the country have this accurate coverage? They are pretty neat though.
Old 11-17-2002, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: