Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fuel Circulation

Hi All

My 3.2l conversion has the 911 fuel pump underneath in back. The fuel circulates fine and the pressures and volumes delivered are spec. The 914 fuel tank and its expansion tank are stock 74, and the charcol canister, and fume line to the induction are deleted.

When the engine is running if I look into the tank with a flashlight I see vigorous circulation. After the engine is warm, if I open the fuel fill cap there is the hiss of internal pressure from warm fuel vapors.

If the cap and fuel lines and the gasketed connection between the expansion tank and fuel tank are well sealed, does anyone see a problem with no fuel vapor escape system?

Best Mark
Old 11-16-2002, 11:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

bump
Old 11-17-2002, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
The gas tank is not supposed to be under pressure so I would hook the fume line back up to bleed off vapor.
Geoff

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 11-17-2002, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: