Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to eric_ciampa
tweeking with air mass meter?

I was doing some general repairs on my 74 1.8 and my father dropped my air mass meter (taking out a chunk of my paint as well rrr) anyways after that it is rubbing on the inside flap moves freely for about 1/2 the way then rubs and then is free for the rest of the movement. But after it passes that rubbing point it wont return to close when i let off the throttle. SOO... My question is can i open the bottom of this thing and solve my problem. I know it is not recomended to split these thing open but they also say that we cant rebuild rear calipers. so can i gat away with it. If i remember PP has them for about 125 with a core. SO i guess if i am just generally screwed then i can just fork over the cash but i would like to see if i can fix what i have considering it is just a mechanical problem. thanks

P.S. Off the topic what was the last year porshe stopped making air cooled engines? I was chatting with a friend about this and wanna see who is right. ok thats it for now

you can write me directly at CHAMP914@hotmail.com [just no signing me up for any junk mail ]
Old 11-17-2002, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You can try tweaking your vane airflow unit, but I would suggest having another on hand. The vane is pretty sensitive (likes to stick).

I look up the OE tomorrow and see if I have a used - useable one (or post the OE on yours and I'll see if I can match it).

"Yellow Rusty Cars Are Faster"

Last edited by Ron Meier; 11-17-2002 at 08:07 PM..
Old 11-17-2002, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to eric_ciampa
thanks ron

bye the way i lost contact with you about those rear calipers that i talked to you a while ago. sorry about that i just got busy. im sure i dont have to tell you about that. anyways, let me know i am still working on what seems like an endless amount of problems.

you can write me directly at CHAMP914@hotmail.com [just no signing me up for any junk mail ]
Old 11-18-2002, 11:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

'98 is the last model year for air cooled 993's.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: