Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
canna change law physics

Garage
Rear Suspension Console Repair in San Diego

John or any of the guys around....the Blond is out of commision. The passenger rear wheel has developed, oh maybe 15-20 extra degrees of camber, pushing the bottom of the wheel outwards. I haven't had a chance to get under there and look, but I'm thinking rear suspension console.

Anyone know a good shop for this repair in San Diego?

James

Old 11-18-2002, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche Crest

Jeez James;

Now, that doesn't sound right. Time Trial at the "Q" Saturday and Sunday. I'll keep my ear to the ground and call you if I find something for you.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Nope. I'll get under the car tomorrow morning and have a real look. Was in business attire all day today and no chance to lay on the ground.

Good luck at the "Q"!

James
Old 11-18-2002, 10:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Give Wayne Baker a call at Personalized ********, 858-586-7771. He just did this to Edie Arrowsmith's car that went off the track at Button Willow and broke the console. It won't be cheap, but it will get fixed right and I would have them add in some reenforcement in the console area such as I have and it spreads out the load more. Good luck.
Old 11-19-2002, 05:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Just inspected the car. Right where the rear trailing arm connects to the body, it's rusted and splitting and the arm is beginning to move.

I'll give them a call. Define "not cheap"....

James
Old 11-19-2002, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Well, when I wanted to get a couple of holes in the firewall patched 3 years ago, another SD body shop told me it was about $100 per hole! That included cutting old metal, making a patch, welding it in, primer and paint. I did it my self. I read somewheres that real Porsche replacements are still available for about $800 each or something and that Restoration Design has them for a LOT less. I am not sure about PP here?

Last edited by John Rogers; 11-19-2002 at 09:38 AM..
Old 11-19-2002, 06:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: