Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Auxiliary Air Regulator hose

Can anyone tell me what the hose that goes between the AAR and the intake air distributor looks like?

Mine was a short piece of hose with an ice-pick hole in it to accomodate a small vacuum line. However, because the AAR doesn't line up very well with the port on the intake, the previous owner left out the mounting screw nearest the passenger side. Plus the small vacuum line did not seal well.

I'd like to mount the thing correctly, but have no clue what the hose is supposed to look like.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
Its just a short piece of hose no vacuum line should be icepicked into it. Sounds like a nice place for a big vacuum leak. What does the small hose plug into that was spliced into the large AAR hose?
Sounds like a DPO hack job to me to run the whats it or the defrombilator.....
Geoff

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 11-20-2002, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

On page 40 of the Haynes manual it shows a diagram of the hoses with the small hose your questioning. The short hose between the AAR and the intake air dist. has a small black plastic "Y" and this is where the small hose of the deceleration valve is connected. Here's a quote from Brad Anders.

Quote:
Unless you're trying to pass smog, I'd suggest you simply remove the decel valve and cap the ports on the plennum and air box. It is only a secondary emissions control device, and is not essential for the car to run properly.

The hose between the air dist and the AAR is very short. I took Brads advice and my Calif. 1.7 (EB) runs great.
bruce
(sniff)
Gotta mow the Lawn...
Old 11-20-2002, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
My 70 1.7 didnt have a decel valve so no tee.
I don't run the one on my 76 either...
Geoff

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 11-20-2002, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Ya... mine don't have one now either even tho I couldn't blow thru it I still took it off as an experiment. Glad I did. One more thing that can't go wrong!
bruce
(sniff)
Gotta mow the Lawn...
Old 11-20-2002, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Yep... the small vacuum line goes from the ice pick hole to the decel valve. Thanks for the advice... it'll be coming off the car.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Hey Ian, ya got a great web site and a nice looking car. How's it running now?
bruce
(sniff)
Gotta mow the Lawn...
Old 11-22-2002, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Thanks, Bruce!

The car looks nice from a distance thanks to a $100 paint job that the previous owner applied. It needs a complete restoration, which is what I'm going to do over the winter. I'll let you know next week how it's running. I should have the proper engine mounting hardware in place and for the first time be able to get it in 1st and reverse by the end of the weekend!
Old 11-22-2002, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: