Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to John Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to John Kelly
Steel flare prototypes finished

Hi Folks,

I've finished my flare prototypes and they have gone to the first person on my tentative waiting list. The tentative waiting list is half way down the page on the following thread:

web site for flare pictures

The rear flares are $225 each, and the front flares are $175 each. For more information abnout the waiting list and the flares, please go to the link below. Once there, click where it says "Click here for...." then click the thumbnails that show text.

http://metalshapers.org/cgi-bin/community/communityalbums.cgi?ownerid=9990093068868

If you would rather have me email you the waiting list, or want information that is not on the site above, email me at: ghiafab@msn.com

Thanks to Pelican Parts for the great forum,

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Old 11-25-2002, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

They look great. I'd love to see pics from farther away. Hopefully whoever bought them will take lots of pictures when they're done.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi Mark,

Glad you like the flares. I'll ask him to take lots of pictures.

Old 11-26-2002, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

John, Good morning. My 74 914-6 is down to bare metal and this is the perfect time for me to add your flares. I did not think that you would be selling this soon. They look better everytime I look at them. Let me know what I need to do to get a set.
Thanks Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
Old 11-26-2002, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hi Craig,

I'll add you to the list.

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Old 11-26-2002, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

John,

Those look really nice......however, I think you need to try a few different tire/rim combo's since you are going to get a bunch of people asking what will fit.

1 1/2" to 2" wider than stock is not a good enough answer IMHO

Mike
Old 11-27-2002, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Hi Mike,

Being a humble tin-basher with multiple projects, I don't have the resources to try many different wheels, tires, and ride heights. The flares can be manipulated during installation to get a bit more room for extra fat tires. Most of the tricks that are used on stock fenders to get more room apply, as well. I have a pair of 16x7 porsche alloys, which come out 16x 8 with the adaptor, but the tires are huge, and I need to get them removed for polishing, and have more reasonable size installed before fitting them to my flares. This is a ways off because of low funding (spending all extra cash on tools)and no time. I would guess that anyone going super wide should get different flares. I made these as fat as I could without ruining the lines of the car, in my opinion. I'm sorry I can't do better than that for now, but I've used up time I don't really have just to get this far. Thanks for the input.

Old 11-28-2002, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

John,

Still looks good, and the additional text / directions with the pictures is very helpful. Is it possible to get some pics of the flares 'unmounted', i.e. just laying on the ground? And also some detail shots of them? I'd love to see what they look like off the car so I know what I am getting into.......

Thanks

"Don't close your eyes before the crash....you'll miss the best part!"
Old 11-28-2002, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Looks great! I see you are in the area I live in. Might I stop by to say Hello and check out the shop?
Old 11-28-2002, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Hi Craig,

I'll get a shot of a rear flare off the car sometime this coming week and send it to you.

Chris,

You are welcome to come by the shop. Just email, or call ahead of time to make sure I'll be here. (206) 367-3305 ghiafab@msn.com

Old 11-29-2002, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Hey chris,
Take me for a ride in your car when you go over. 2 birds with 1 stone, eh?

73 Olympic Blue 914 1.7L (2L /4 back in progress)
69 Highlander Bug 1776
93 GL EV 2.8L The Van

914club.com Member #914
Old 11-29-2002, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: