Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Wrecked 73 2.0 (Front End)

Hi!,
I'm new the this forum but hear that you guys really know your 914's. I recently slid my 914 front on into a tree. It was really sad . The driver's side of the front end is mangled. I'm now trying to figure out what to do. Should I take it to a body shop? Where in the world are body parts for a 914? Would a part's car be a good idea? Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
Thanks,
Eric Taylor
Old 11-28-2002, 11:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Eric,

Do you have any way of posting some pics of the damage?
Old 11-29-2002, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Definately take it to a body shop with good equipment for working on unibody cars. I'ts going to need to be straightened most likely, and it takes special equipment to do that correctly. (You don't want to end up with a teener that drives like a 75' Nova - sideways!)
You don't mention what part of the country you're located in. That can help if someone who posts here is from your area and knows what you need, may have a lead on some of the stuff you need.
Don
Race a Porsche - There's more to life than left turns!
Old 11-29-2002, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
Find a way to post a couple of pic's. Let us know where your located. This is a big neighbor hood. Loan Dog, I had one of those Nova's! That is hilarious! Thanks for the memory! (LOL)
WCC 04 done by the kids
Who says Aliens only abduct people.
Old 11-29-2002, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for they replies. I'm located in Newport Oregon which is a small town on the central coast. Hopefully I can borrow a dig cam and post some pics.
By the way, how much is unibody work? I'm deffinatly on a budget!
Thanks,
Eric Taylor
Old 11-29-2002, 10:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Hi Eric,
I know all too well about the "Budget Blues"!
It isin't that "Uni-body work costs more but it does require a shop that has the proper equipment to straighten things correctly. You haven't said anything about insurance? Got some? If you do you should be able to get them to cover at least a portion of the work, less your dedectible.

Being out in Oregon, there are an awful lot of guys who post here from that part of the country. I'm sure someone will check this thread pretty soon and point you to some good shops and can probably help you find the parts you need. Alot of us have piles of parts for sale, and some of the guys are owners of various types of repair shops. Not to mention Pelican Parts, one of the best suppliers of 914 parts & supplies anywhere. So you're in the right place for help! Hang in there!
Don
Race a Porsche - There's more to life than left turns!
Old 11-30-2002, 03:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Saidly there is no insurance . We had dedicated the car a project car and only drove it once a month. I was out driving it for our once a month drive and gassed it on a wet road. Slid out of control and nailed a tree. Well I guess life happens. I'm borrowing a dig cam this weekend so I will post pics
Thanks,
Eric Taylor
Old 11-30-2002, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Eric, there are at least two ways to fix collision damage. One is to pull it out on a frame machine. The other is to weld in parts from another car. If you have suspension damage, or, more importantly, damage to the front attachment point, it will be more difficult. Waiting for pics. Can give more info, as said, with pics.
Old 11-30-2002, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Eric,
You can get a hold of a lot of the Oregon guys by posting in the yahoo groups as well. PacificNW914
I'd come and take a look at it, but I'm not quite an expert in the area.

74 914 1.8
Old 11-30-2002, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
PartsObsolete is near you in Amity, Oregon so check out their website too. Gary has lots of doors, hoods, and other stuff stashed there for 914's.
Jamie Rust of Monmouth, Oregon seems to know where there are parts along with Craig from CAMP 914.
Geoff

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 11-30-2002, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
I finally got a chance to post pics, here is the link
Wrecked 914 Pics
Thanks,
Eric Taylor
Old 12-01-2002, 09:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: