Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to DuckRyder
Porsche Crest Who Sells The Best Weber Kit?

Assuming that one had already decided to convert to carbs and that he was going to use dual 40 downdrafts.

Who sells the best kit?

By that i mean the most complete, best linkage, closest thing to a bolt on and drive jetting and so forth.

Or are they all basically "Redline Webers" and I should just shop for price?
2006 Ducati Sport 1000

323i.net
RangerXLT.com
Old 12-01-2002, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You could go with Dellorto's and buy them separately...there is a guy in italy who sells them for a good price. Once you have the Carbs I would call CB Performance, tell them what you have and they will pretty much put the package together for you!!! I tried to tell them what "I" wanted but once we got into the conversation the lady made me see the error of my ways!!! You will drop some bucks but it is worth it to make the job doable. They can probably do the same thing with Webers once you have the carbs...hell, I think they even sell the carbs. New ones are going to run you a BUNCH of money. You could get some used ones and rebuild them...probably not a bad plan if you are like me and have never done it before...I learned how to work on them long before I installed them in that tiny engine compartment. The only hard part is the throttle cable bracket... if you search the archives here you will be able to see how some of us fabricated our own bracket.
Good Luck...there is nothing like hearing those four barrells sucking the engine lid into the engine compartment!!!
JB
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 12-01-2002, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

CBperformance...

you get manifolds, linkage (best around) and carbs...with velocity stacks...and you can specifiy what jets you want it to ship with...

total cost for 44's about 8months ago was $650...

www.cbperformance.com or call them up and talk to Baya, she is awsome...

good luck,

Tony
Old 12-01-2002, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: