Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Compomotive or Panasports?

I like the look of the Compomotive rims better:

but I don't know much about them.

Here is the Panasports:

Cost is about the same, 200+ each

Offset selection seems much better with the Compomotive rims from what I can tell (Panasport sales not returning emails)
Old 12-03-2002, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Paul_Heery Send a message via Yahoo to Paul_Heery
Never heard of Compomotive before. But, that doesn't mean much, I've led a sheltered life.

I had been looking at the Panasports myself. What are the Compomotives made of and how much do they weigh?
Old 12-03-2002, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Pressure cast aluminum...they list the weight as 18 pounds which seems heavy for a 15x6 rim (compared to the factory 13 pounds for the forged 15x5.5 Fuch)

What I "really" like about the Compomotive rims is that they'll make a 15x8 rim which with the right modifcations to the inside trunk fender well, they should fit with 225/50's under the stock fenderwells (maybe just a tad rolling of the outside fenderwell, but not much)...I'm guessing here, but on paper it seems for fly
Old 12-03-2002, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Compmotive are British made and have a good reputation. very big in racing, especially club and rally. Big selection of styles.

Mike, The minilite style looks good. What distributor or link are you using for info?

Mike
Old 12-03-2002, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

US distributor

http://www.usacomp.com/ml.htm
Old 12-03-2002, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Mike Ginter

The Comps with the smaller hub section look MUCH better than the Panasports IMO. Those would nice on a 914.

Ginter's 914 stuff
Old 12-03-2002, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: