Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Front Camber

Who's got 1.5 deg (or more) negative camber at the front of their 914.?...without going to camber plates.
How did you do it?
How's about a pic.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Had mine done last week and ended up with 1.44 at front on a stock setup. Not quite 1.5 but pretty close.

John
Old 12-03-2002, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

From what I've seen, 1.4 to 1.5 negative is about the most you can get without using the camber plates or replacing the top of strut mounts. I think it has to do with the available area underneath where the strut attaches to the sheetmetal.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up re: front camber

I was able to get more than two degrees.

Here's how: remove the top adjuster bracket. Take out the rubber insert. With a hole saw, carefully cut out the center. Open up the hole, so the center can be TIG welded in an offset position. Replace the rubber insert with a Camberball or other spherical assembly. Eliminate the metal sleeve that protects the shock shaft. Reassemble.
Additionally it may be necessary to remove a small amount of material from the inner edge of the chassis opening, where the adjuster plate comes through, to achieve maximum negative camber.

The alternative is to bandsaw away the inner edge of the adjuster bracket, and slot the hell out of the bolt holes in the chassis.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: