Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

914club.com Classifieds

The script that runs the classifieds now has a anti spam filter that is controlled by a .txt list that I can add and remove lines from.

NO MORE Home working BS and DOG crap.

This is a temporary fix until I finish testing the new classifieds which will require a login and passoword.

www.914club.com

B
Old 12-06-2002, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

They've figured it out. They're smarter than we think. There's a friggin ad there again!

Regards,
Old 12-08-2002, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

probably the only way around this is to make a username/passwd login like here. at least you could make the initial sign up process a big enough hassle that people won't want to do it over and over again (everytime you ban them).

the keyword thing will work better over time, will take a while to build up a good list.

hopefully you're not supplying an error message if someone uses one of the keywords in an ad.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Actually they are getting a nasty message telling them to F-off.

Your right about the list. Hopefully the new classifieds will be ready in another week or so and I wont have to worry about adding "keywords"

B
Old 12-08-2002, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

the only reason I mentioned the error is because of this...

if they get an error saying the post didn't work they will figure out a way around it. if you accept the post like normal, just not adding it to the page, they will not know what's going on.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

True. I should set it up so it doesnt refresh their browser or let them know the post didnt make it.

B
Old 12-08-2002, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The last time I went to the 914 Club ads, they were over 4 mos. old, so I never went back. If I can get me one o' those *passowords,* I'd be willing to take a look again. I'd be great to have priviledges to see this mo. ads.

However, since things are moving so fast these days, I check recycler and Pelican 3-4 times a day. Even seeing a week old ad is a waste of time. Whatever it is that is advertised is gone, long gone.

Last edited by Zeke; 12-08-2002 at 03:33 PM..
Old 12-08-2002, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Just visit:

www.914club.com

And click on the classifieds ads. link.

At one point in time.. the dgi/914 site was the only thing going for classifieds. The owner of the dgi site hasnt done anything with it for almost 6 years now. I opted to put the same script up and get something going again when the other site scripts broke. I did this 1.5 years ago with plans to build a site. I handed it off to more capable hands and nothing happened. I'm once again on the path to getting a "vendor nuetral" site up and running.

You wont need a login or password for another week or so.

B
Old 12-08-2002, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

SWEET.

I just turned the logging function on. It will tell us who and where the spam is coming from.

Everybody can watch:

http://www.914club.com/wantads/rides/wantadslog.html

The IP address showing is ME testing it.

B
Old 12-09-2002, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Lotsa good ads. I'll move my bookmark up on the first page.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

now you just got to figure a way to filter the dumb ads, like the guy looking for an AWD 914. LOL.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

You know... I'm pretty good with pulling off miracles when its comes to 914's.. but your asking too much now. I almost edited his ad for him. The new system will have a notify feature and the ability to remove ads by the poster.

B
Old 12-09-2002, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

what the heck is he smoking?
if he is serious with that post, I don't think he deserves to be driving a Yugo (AWD or not, LOL)
Old 12-09-2002, 09:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

I like how he says "AWD preferred", like you can choose between the 2 wheel drive and AWD versions!
Old 12-09-2002, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Check this out: the filter caught one, they are actually from INDIA posting this crap.

person: Laxmi Prasad Tipirenani

--- address: Chief Executive Officer

--- address: QUINN HOUSE

--- address: Road No 2

--- address: Banjara Hills

--- address: HYDERABAD

--- address: INDIA

--- phone: +91-40-3743155

--- fax-no: +91-40-3747841

--- e-mail: tlprasad@yuktee.net

--- nic-hdl: LT96-AP

--- mnt-by: MAINT-IN-EXCELLMEDIA

--- changed: tlprasad@yuktee.net 20010514

--- source: APNIC
Old 12-10-2002, 02:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I sure hope no one hits those spammers with a DOS attack, that would be wrong :-)
Old 12-10-2002, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

hahaha...nice catch brad!
Old 12-10-2002, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to olav_a Send a message via Yahoo to olav_a
Now use his email address and sign him up to all sorts of mailing lists. If each of us find one he's hosed.

Brad, who did the cool spam filtering modifications?
Old 12-10-2002, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Ahh yes .. MR.WIZARD. Olav Anderson (the guy with the 3.2 in factory 6) "manipulated" the scripts to pull these peoples information for me. I have already called 3 ISP's to have them blocked.

Thank you Mr. Anderson. (sounds like The Matrix.. MR. ANDERSON)

I also ran across HOW they are getting this info. It seams that there is a new script that can be run against websites too collect email address's when you post something.

Olav rocks.

B
Old 12-10-2002, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Puny Bird

Brad I posted this spam on the club914 sight I hope you don't mind, Mark

I do not like spam,
said Brad I am.
Our club had spam,
and spam is a scam.
what to do about spam,
said Brad I am.

We need a plan,
to put this spam in a can.
We need a plan,
to stick their spam
up their butt with a ram,
said Brad I am.

Brad called Olav,
and said we have spam,
Olav was the man,
a man with the plan,
to put spam in a can
said Brad I am.

A program they ran,
a filter against spam,
a fram for spam
because our club had spam,
and spam was a scam.
said Brad I am.

No more spam,
the spam is in the can,
they can kiss my ham,
oh, how happy I am,
said Brad I am.

Thank you to Brad Roberts and Olav Anderson.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: