Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Monster Garage

This show ROCKS. It makes me want to buy a Jesse James built bike.

I'm watching it this evening and notice one of the fabricators on the show wearing a JD Machine tech T shirt... I look down and realize that I'm wearing a "JD Machine Tech sweat shirt".. how funny. I called Jesse of JD machine in San Diego and asked him if he knew the guy wearing his shirt... yep. He said they build a lot of the billet parts for Jesse James bike shop and that JesseJ calls him when he needs fabricators for the show... HOW COOL. SIGN ME UP..the next time JesseJ calls.. ha ha
Old 12-09-2002, 11:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

They have a cool sense of humor...did you see the show that they turned a 944 into a golfball retriever? it had an air-commpressed powered cannon that shot the balls back at the golfers !!!!!

how about White Trash Hauler? (no, not your crewcab, LOL) it was a ford explorer (?) conveted into a trash truck
Old 12-09-2002, 11:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

This is only the second show I have seen. I dont watch much TV, but this was on behind me while I slaved at the computer.

We could totally do something like that.

How soon until we put together a team for Junkyard wars or Full Metal challenge ??

B
Old 12-09-2002, 11:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Full Metal Challange is for me...I dug the SBC powered snow-tractor.....Junkyard Wars looks "boring", but i'd still do it....
Old 12-09-2002, 11:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Do you think my wife would get mad if I wanted to do the blonde english host of Full Metal challenge ?? I wonder if Henry Rollins has tapped that ass yet ??

LOL

B
Old 12-09-2002, 11:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

a good look'n brunet was on Monster Garage....she was doing the welding

that blonde is better than the chick on Junkyard !!!
Old 12-09-2002, 11:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The blonde is the creater of Junkyard wars and Full Metal Challenge. She has brains also...

B
Old 12-09-2002, 11:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

come on, the best was the zamboni they built out of the chevy impala! even had some member of the zamboni family there as a consultant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monster-garage-14.jpg (19.8 KB, 1320 views)
Old 12-10-2002, 01:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

There was a really hilarious topic on the latest "Top Gear" (car show on the BBC - the coolest car show ever!)

The infamous Jeremy Clarkson (host) was wondering out loud if you could make a "drivers car" out of any car

To put this to the test, they took a 6 year old Lada 1.5 and brought it to the Lotus factory

The Lotus guys had a week to do a "make over"

The testdriver a Lotus took the standard car around their test track. He said "this must be the worst car I ever drove in my life"

At the end of the week, it had 180bhp and they were powersliding it all over the track. It looked awesome and scared the owner silly.

Cheers,

Jeroen
Old 12-10-2002, 03:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

If we put together a team for one of those shows count me in, as long as we can keep what ever we make completely orignal and concours quality, I can make sure it's waxed just right :-) Not sure if we can include Mueller, as soon as we get whatever we build 90% complete he will try to sell it and start another project
<--- inside joke, JK Mike
Old 12-10-2002, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Brad Roberts
The blonde is the creater of Junkyard wars and Full Metal Challenge. She has brains also...
The creator, and also the co-host of a number of seasons of the UK one. She bailed out of that task recently, but is now co-hosting FMC with Rollins.

Heh... Rollins... I used to dig Black Flag back when he was the vocalist. "TV party tonight!!" He kept a journal of those years, and published it a few years ago as a book called "Get In The Van". Scary scary stuff.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 12-10-2002, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

that is an amazing book DD!

rollins, still my all time favorite.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Sammy,

that was an awesome description of Mueller.

I cant beleive other people know who Henry Rollins is.. cool.

I have a 914. << 914 content

B
Old 12-10-2002, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

90% ??? Was I really that close to being finished??

Oh well......I "think" I'm getting closer to being over this sickness of mine

Hey B, still want to do that cable TV program? I'll harass my director buddy about it again.......I have no idea what we'd do a show on, but it's gotta be fun.........
Old 12-10-2002, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Hell YEAH Mueller.. lets do a TV show.

How jacked up would that be ?? The Mueller/Roberts Hour.

B
Old 12-10-2002, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I'm sure it would be better than Jesse James. I just can't muster too much respect for that guy. There are dozens of fabricators that could have had the position of lead in that show. He's supposed to be overwhelmed with orders for $80,000 Harleys. How does he have time for this crap? Oh, and I don't think Jesse would have made it w/o his wife. He gets popular and then dumps her. Not good. I hope her lawyer takes him to the cleaners.

Hah! Now I just figured out why he's doing Monster. He needs the money to buy her out of his chopper business. The guy is going down, I tell ya.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Who is JJ's wife? Is she someone we should know? Is she hot??
Old 12-10-2002, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Zeke,

I actaully saw that coming when I watched the first Discovery channel piece on JJ. I could see it in her eyes and hear it in her tone of voice.

She's "ok" at best Mikey.

B
Old 12-11-2002, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Yeh, Brad, how about the time he had to have a hot rod (was it a '32 Ford?) and she wanted to pay some bills with the cash sitting in the bank. She had the smarts, he has the talent. However, his talent is wasted on me. Can you imagine how good he could do some 914 flares? Well, we have John Kelly for that, but ol' JJ could probably pound out a NACA duct right in the quarter to feed cool air to the fan. I mean the man could be useful.
Old 12-11-2002, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
Hey "B!" I want in. check my stats! I think I'm qualified! I think we should put together a design team and come up with a 914 that would torch JJ's next project. You know... Find out where he's testing his next project car and just show up and have a flame thrower come out of the front trunk and fry him on camera! (notice how I kept it a 914 topic) We need some BIG sponsers for the FREEBEES and to post bond! Seriously I think a challange would be cool. a group of Pelican Parts BBS guys from across the country come together to rule the Custom Builders Challange. Hey! I just wrote the script for the next big reality based show! Custom Builders Challange
WCC 04 done by the kids
Who says Aliens only abduct people.
Old 12-11-2002, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: