Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

pain in the pedal cluster

Just starting a pedal cluster rebuild. Tried to tap out the roll pin and it doesn't budge. Go to drill it out with new metal drilling bits and it drills about 1/8 and just seems to spinn. Try the other side and the same 1/8 and stops. any suggestions.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Put it in a big vise, apply heat, punch and big hammer. I broke several drill bits before taking it to local Porsche shop. They used the above technique.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

If it is spinning then it is loose and as noted it will come out with a punch and a large hammer. I found a punch the right diameter at Harboe Freight for $3 and it works great. Good luck.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to jamcleod
mine never did come loose.... left it and went on
Old 12-22-2002, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Jamcleod -mine also refused to come apart. Tried everything punching it, heating it, drilling it ( drilled it right through )-in the end gave up and put it back in the car. And I HATE being defeated
Old 12-23-2002, 02:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
You have to make absolutely certain that all the holes are lined up as you use your punch and big hammer as suggested. Even a fraction of a fraction and the little bugger will hang up. I've done a couple cluster rebuilds and lernted the hard way! Hope that helps.
Don
Race a Porsche - There's more to life than left turns!
Old 12-23-2002, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: