Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Talking Ooo! A 914/6 for NFS:PU!

You guys probably knew these were out there, but *I* just found them after being frustrated that there was no 914/6 for Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed...

hehe...it even got the critters out of the car...

I really like the 2000 914-6 Carrera GT

http://pitstop.totalnfs.net/nfs5/cars.html
http://www.nd4spdworld.com/?section=car&v=5
http://www.racerplanet.net
Old 12-26-2002, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
If you like that car, try the 916 2.4 and 2.7...now those cars are fun to drive. I have them on my machine, along with the 914/6. Enjoy. By the way, NFS PU has much better game play than the new NFS HP2.

Nathan
'02 S6 Avant
'99.5 A4 2.8 / '65 Ducati Falcon 80
Old 12-27-2002, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Gee whiz, now I gotta buy the game!

I only have NFS III, and I never liked it that much. Hopefully this is a lot better game. My daughter will think it's cool to have my car in a game. She's pretty scared of it in real life, as it's too loud and too open with the top off for her (she's 11) Anyone else have this kind of problem?
2k2 VW New Beetle Turbo S
Old 12-27-2002, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
bludden,

Yes, I know what you mean about children being apprehensive about the 914. Only one of my four children (ages 7-13), a boy, really enjoys the car open. Even though my youngest daughter would sit on the back seat of other cars shouting "faster daddy, faster," its not even a thought in the 914. I think some of it has to do with most newer cars shield you from the real sense of speed and the road that you get with a "seat of the pants" roadster like a 914. Most modern cars are so "comfortable" and "quiet" that you don't get a full sense of the road. But with a 914 you get it from all senses - including the seat of your pants. I think this is what most "youngens" find overwhelming. Probably a good thing.

Enjoy,
Old 12-27-2002, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Once you download these cars, how do you load them into the game? Or am I not downloading them into the right place. Sorry, when it comes to computers, I'm a dunce... not much worse than I am as a Porsche mechanic.

TIA,
Old 12-27-2002, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Dave,
For the 9146, when you open up the file with winzip, there is a setup.exe file that should automatically extract and install the files.
For the 916 (not sure which ones you dl'd), when you open up the file with winzip, open the readme.txt file and it will give you the instructions of where each file goes.

74 914 1.8
Old 12-27-2002, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Nathan,

I agree the NFSPU is a much better game. I downloaded the demo for the new HP2 and it's not nearly as realistic.

Scott, thanks for the links! I've never seen these before. Have you guys done the 914 GTTi? It's a pretty good one too.
Old 12-27-2002, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
She's pretty scared of it in real life, as it's too loud and too open with the top off for her (she's 11) Anyone else have this kind of problem?
Ooooo... too bad! My daughter loves it (noise, top off, power...). Every time shee gets in the car, she says "Go fast Daddy!" And, when I do, "Old Porsche's Rule!"

On another note: David, we've got a lot of people going to JP's... maybe next time we can make it a LAN party with NFS/PU!

... that way, I won't cry when I bend body panels and hit walls..

Last edited by scg; 12-27-2002 at 11:26 AM..
Old 12-27-2002, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by scg
On another note: David, we've got a lot of people going to JP's... maybe next time we can make it a LAN party with NFS/PU!

... that way, I won't cry when I bend body panels and hit walls..
Yeah, that sounds like fun. The computer fits just right in the teener with the hard drive in the rear trunk, the monitor in the passenger seat, and the keyboard and the cords in the front trunk. Oh, and the chair disassembled and a little in each trunk.

74 914 1.8
Old 12-27-2002, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

But the BEER Man, the BEER! Toss the PC & bring the BEER!!
Old 12-27-2002, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Com on guys you need the Turbo collection.. Beat ANYTHING with them.... The really fast cars MUAHAHAHAHA
Old 12-27-2002, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Whheeeee!!!!!!!

Now to work on a turbine powered 914.... with a Chaparrel (sp)suction fan!
Old 12-27-2002, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by bludden
She's pretty scared of it in real life, as it's too loud and too open with the top off for her (she's 11) Anyone else have this kind of problem?
My kids love the buffeting they get with the windows down, top off...more than I do. They must be weird...but then again, I'm their father.
The kids have to take turns when we go on rides...in this shot my second oldest went on a Saturday morning ride. No, she couldn't wear the hat in the car, but she brought it along for when we stopped to take in some of the sights.
Many fond memories being made with the family and the little teener.

Old 12-27-2002, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
well, I figured it all out. That 914/6 is a pig... almost as bad as the Mass State trooper 993. Need to get a few more to try out.
Old 12-28-2002, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

A few of us got together and networked our computers. Just like the POA/POC races without the bullstuff (and cost). NFS5 set the standard.

Now if they would transfer this to XBox (their Xbox NFS blows). Oh Well, Gotham II LIVE is just around the corner and in the meantime, there is MotoGP.

Yeh! I can trash my 916 and don't have to pay B to fix it.

"Yellow Rusty Cars Are Faster"
Old 12-29-2002, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

I only have the first Porsche NFS and like that one. And then there's the NFS with all the (other cars) don't care for that one much.
Are these being played on PlayStation too?
Ron; were you on line when networked or actually gathered laptops & such and....?
Scott; wanted to talk to ya at JP's yesterday about a few things, this included. Since we are in the same PDX general area we'll need to cruise more.
Is there a NFS on line interacting gaming area for racing?
bruce
(sniff)
Gotta mow the Lawn...
Old 12-29-2002, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Hey, Bruce! Were we all talkin' a mile a minute at JP's or what!
Missed talkin' to ya too. Hmmm. an NFS:PU server for local racing... hmmmm. Sounds like an after school project for my StRUT kids (Students Recycling Used Technology)... they've already built a "local" game server for after school rec.... hmmm. All I have to do is get it past the district firewall....

If this sunny weather holds, I just may head out to the Cornelius (sp) Pass Roadhouse at noon for lunch with DampDave... If it's still on?
Old 12-29-2002, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Is it possible to run the 914-6 cars on the NFS PU demo? It only wants to run the 993?

Any hacks to get the 914 cars running?

I can display the car and view it, but not race it.

Thanks,
Old 12-29-2002, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Ayup, we're still on for noon... As soon as I finish reading this BBS, it's time to get cleaned up so I can head over to the Roadhouse.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 12-29-2002, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

9:30! Whoa! The weather looks great... I may be late, but I'll be there (Roadhouse)

Dang it! Nearly 2pm and the wife hasn't returned... and I doubt you guys are still eating/drinking... can't get *both* kids in the 914 anyways...

Last edited by scg; 12-29-2002 at 12:55 PM..
Old 12-29-2002, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: