Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Headlight issues

Hi -- My headlights are not flipping up all the way (staying about an inch or two low) . If I get out and push them up into place they just drop down a little when I hit a bump.

Does anyone know how to adjust / tighten them up?

Thanks
Old 12-27-2002, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I think that you should start with "what have you done to the car recently" and go from there....

Didn't you just install one of Raby's 2270 type IVs.

I would venture a guess that it has something to do with "that" upgrade.

sorry for being a smart a$$...sometimes I can't help myself.
Old 12-27-2002, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

GEEZZZZ YOU GUYS ARE MERCILESS.....

No it was doing this before the engine install....
Old 12-27-2002, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
When you turn the lights off, do they go up the rest of the way and then down again? If so, then the problem is with the positioning of the microswitches that tell the motor when to stop. These switches are somewhere in the linkage between the motor and the light. I'm not sure where; I haven't yet taken one of these guys apart.

If they are just too low, you might need to move the pivots (two or three Allen-head bolts in the front trunk and inside the fender), or you might need to tweak the up/down position screw that you can find once you take the headlight cover off.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 12-27-2002, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks Dave,

yeah they go up and stay up but just don't go up high enough. I'm going to tear into them tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Okay I had some headlight issues before. If you look in the Haynes manual somewhere they will tell you to look at the position of the arm that goes between the headlight and the motor and what I did is I took of the arm at the motor pushed it all the way up and had the motor ingauged all the way up and unpluged it from power and just connected them together. As for the floppy headlight I was told to have the headlights all the way up and adjusted the screw behind the headlight near the inner fender until it is snug not B@lls tight.
03' Mini Cooper S
03' Volkswagen Passat GLX B5.5 4-Motion

Benjamin Miles Keaton (ben, lj) - RIP June 2nd, 2005
Old 12-29-2002, 02:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: