Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thumbs up Thank you Mr. Stein

You're a good man there JP. I had fun talking to all I could get to. Missed a few that I wanted to talk to but they were busy talking too. I was great to just hang out. I even learned some stuff. You've got a neat shop and you gave me some ideas for mine. I won't be getting it insullated anytime soon but will certainly get the work areas set up.
Thanks again for the "git-together". Hopefully Punkin will be out of the "stutters" the next meeting.
bruce
P.s. thanks to Mrs. JP for all the great chef work.
Uuuuuumm good!
(sniff)
Gotta mow the Lawn...

Last edited by Bruce Allert; 12-28-2002 at 10:14 PM..
Old 12-28-2002, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Good call Bruce. It was a great time indeed. Really something to meet and shoot the breeze with so many great peepl. Thanks again JP! Your car's nice too
Old 12-28-2002, 11:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Most definitely a good time JP. Thanks Again!

74 914 1.8
Old 12-29-2002, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Good people, good food, good cars. Great way to spend a gray Saturday. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

A great time was had by all... I hope that the next gittogether isn't quite so gray (but in JP's shop, who cares???)
Old 12-29-2002, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Agreed! It was a very good time. I was happy to see a bunch of folks I haven't seen in a while (even Stan Hanks from Porschephiles days!) as well as the PacNW crowd that I saw last August. And meeting Dave from triad was neat as well!

It was a great locale and a great time. Darned good food as well; JP can pick the BBQ restaurants pretty well, and Mrs. JP really can cook!!

Hey, I think it was even better than free pizza!! (Sorry, Jamie!)

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 12-29-2002, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I'm glad all you folks had a good time....I know I did. I didn't have time to get my camera out....or forgot or sumthin'. I hope someone got some pics.

As Bruce said, there were a bunch of people there. I to didn't find the time to talk to everyone to the extent I would have liked to.

It's 11:00 am. Think I'll go wake up Brad.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Word! Thx JP

73 Olympic Blue 914 1.7L (2L /4 back in progress)
69 Highlander Bug 1776
93 GL EV 2.8L The Van

914club.com Member #914
Old 12-29-2002, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Geez, Korijo! I had no idea your project was so extensive -- even afgter talkin' with ya. LOVE the wheels!
Old 12-29-2002, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Thanks JP

Thanks to all you folks and especially JP for making my son Gerry and I feel welcome. Everyone was very gracious to include a 13 year old in their conversations and because of that he had a great time. However, he is convinced he's going to autocross my car when he's old enough. Guess their may be another car in the future.

Thanks for your hospitality JP

Dave and Gerry
Old 12-29-2002, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
I was tellin' you to bring him out along to Bremertion. Start him out in the racing learnin' cars and about safety. Hopefully he will be smart when he starts to drive
I usually share my car with my son, it was to be a temporary thing until we finished his turbo RX7.

Look at Brad Roberts, he started out at 14 with his dad. I can't say he is anywhere but he sure is havin' fun! I started turning a wrench at 16.

Geoff

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 12-29-2002, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
The lunch at the Roadhouse was pretty decent as well. We had seven people turn out, including Stan's wife Liz, Mike Lee, and Jim, none of who made it to the Saturday gig. Jim brought out his marvellous 74 2.0 (super-duper clean!!!!), while Bruce brought the Pumpkin.

Good news--the Pumpkin stopped stuttering, which is why he brought it! Congrats, Bruce!

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 12-29-2002, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Well shucks Dave... thanks. It was a good feeling showing Punkin off to ya and thanks for getting the engine lid open. Was kinda embarrased 'cause "it's never done that before"!
bruce
(sniff)
Gotta mow the Lawn...
Old 12-29-2002, 09:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

BTW:
Thanx, Bruce for the "workshop art". I have the artistic sense of Attila the Hun, but I'll cherish it forever....maybe longer.

Roi gave me a sheet metal cutout of a 914 that is pretty cool....course, now I have another project....paint it to match ulf...hey, grey primer is easy.
Thanx there also.

I have the makings of a plan for this summer. Late July on the Toutle river. Lotso drivers roads up there. Overnight camping at my place on the river. Bring skeeter repellent.....
Old 12-29-2002, 11:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Yep. Thanks JP. I'm now looking for the CD box set of "band of brothers". Great people, great food, fun drive. Made it back in 9 hours flat. Bumped the rev limited in the truck several times (99mph) Only rained a few times on the way back and got the truck washed in Grants pass (JP said it was dirty).

B
Old 12-29-2002, 11:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Dave -n- Gerry: D'oh! I could've died when you brought your son (Gerry?)! Next gittogether, I'll bring my 11 year old so they can get together and "strategize" getting their own 914's...

... or they could take turns beating all of us at NFS:PU on my laptop
Old 12-30-2002, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Dave D at JP's
Geoff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dd.jpg (30.2 KB, 166 views)

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 12-30-2002, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Brad and Craig plus Toms wife (can't remember her name,darn)
Geoff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brad roberts.jpg (50.2 KB, 160 views)

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 12-30-2002, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Hey, someone remembered to bring a camera.....not bad for an older fella.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Yeah, it ONLY took me 2 hours to figure out how to get the pics on the BBS!! (G** D*** Bill G***s)
I am a Mac person.....
Took a movie and I am trying to load on the "other" site
Geoff

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 12-30-2002, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: