Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Herb Meeder and Zololo Grill

Recently, my wife and I had the opportunity both to dine at one of San Diego's premier restaurants and to meet Herb, 914 guy extrodinaire. As a former San Diego PCA kinda guy (with major aspirations to be so again, as soon as we can find a place for less than 550), I can only say that the members of this august BBS didn't lie about the quality of the food, the presentation, or the restaurant. Looks like we'll be semi-permanent residents of lower Old Town in June (fingers and toes crossed). Say, any you guys know where a 914 racer can go play (I think I've "outgrown" the AX series at "The Murph"). Anyway, go see Herb, make his restaurant a success. A 914 guy done good!
Old 12-29-2002, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

When you relocate here, you will find that you can run 2,3 times a month if you want to. With the opening of Fontana, Buttonwillow and Spring Mountain in addition to the existing 2 tracks at Willow Springs, 2 tracks in Phoenix and three more in Nor Cal, there is a lot to choose from. I'm having a hell of a hard time trying figure out exactly who to be tied up with. POC, Alfa Club, HSR West, SCCA, TCRA, the occasional PCA meet and even the weekday OpenTrackRacing group. Toss a coin, pick two, I guess.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Gracias.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Herb's a good Guy, even if his 914 doesn't run.....

James

(You know I love ya Herb and I will come and get my tools soon!)
Old 12-31-2002, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche Crest Idle Threats?

James;
I'm not worried. I'm pretty sure that if it weren't for your help, I'd be ever so much farther from having it up and moter-vating. Probably 2 weeks away now.

Don;
It was a pleasure having you and your lovely wife in the place. Hope the trip to Monterey was a good one. Speaking of driving, you may want to check into the POC schedule. They are running at Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, Willow Springs and Laguna Seca. If I didn't have to be at the restaurant on weekends, I'd do the small track series.

Motor on and motor well into the new year, my friends!
Old 12-31-2002, 11:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

How many times have you gone to a Restaurant and felt like they didn't give you time to wipe your mouth, before they were asking you to pay the check? if you want that eating with friends feeling try Zocolo Grill very personable and courteous, thanks Herb you guys are doing it the right way.

"I like the way she doesn't move in the curve's... and then she let's go!"
Old 01-01-2003, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: