Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cool Motor home pulling a 914

Went to the coast on the 1st (Wednesday) to celebrate a B.I.L.'s 50th B-day. When leaving the house there was a fairly new motor home (Calif plates) pulling a white 2.0 914, brown int. & Fuchs. Looked like a very nice car (possibly a '74). It just struck me as odd 'cause I've never seen this before now. First thing I thought of was "it must be a really good runner to rely on it for transportation whilst vacationing"! I wouldn't trust mine
bruce
(sniff)
Gotta mow the Lawn...
Old 01-03-2003, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

While I would prefer a bug for the back seat, the 914 at similar weight is a good tow. And, as I think about it, it has as much space outside the cabin in the trunks as the bug has inside. They must love their car. They take it with them like the family pet. Good thread, should get some response.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Maybe he was pulling it cuz it didnt run
Old 01-03-2003, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Maybe it was pushing the motorhome.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I'm planning on towing my 914 behind the motor home.....when the weather gets warmer.....now all I have to figure out how to hook the boat up behind it.
Old 01-04-2003, 12:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I spotted this one last year headed north on I-75 in Florida. I thought you went on vacation to get away from your problems but this guy his them with him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 914 towed motorhome.jpg (57.1 KB, 160 views)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 01-05-2003, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
My wife wants me to tell everyone she took the above posted picture as we flew pass it at about 80 mph in my truck.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 01-05-2003, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: