Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to mikester
WOOHOO! My Interior light works!

I worked on it all morning, traced all the wires yanked all the needed interior and got the darned thing working again.

Also, the day before, I rewired the fresh air fan controls and the heater fan too.

30 year old wiring...

=-)

Tomorrow I'm putting new carpet in.

I heart Boobies
Old 01-03-2003, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Good going there Mikester, kinda makes ya feel like you got something accomplished, eh? I sometimes work on the car and spend hours doing a peticular thing but nothing gets fixed. Then the rest of the day is clouded because I can't think of anything else until it gets fixed. I shouldn't feel that way but I think it goes along with the human psyche.... (out damned spot!)
bruce
(sniff)
Gotta mow the Lawn...
Old 01-04-2003, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Yeah, sometimes not having the time to get things done gets me down.

I took the 2nd and 3rd off from work to start the new year off right.

The Girlfriend is happy too, car's got heat and when she gets into it at night now, she can see where she's putting her feet.

Plus, those two things (and carpet I'm putting in now) make the car seem 100 times more civilized.

Good luck with all your projects.

I heart Boobies
Old 01-04-2003, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Getting the interior light working was a nice little project for me too, and got my feet wet with the electrics of the car. I've gotten braver as I've learned, and have gotten my oil pressure gauge to work now as well. So by the spring I should have the temp and amp gauges up, as well as hopefully fixing the odometer. All this is on top of the "real" stuff like transmission and throttle cable.

Making my wife feel good about the car is an important thing for me. Taking her out in it on New Years day with the top off (rare 60 degree day here in Charlotte) was a really great feeling.
2k2 VW New Beetle Turbo S
Old 01-04-2003, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Finished the carpet up this afternoon.

I think I'm done with the interior for a while...

Check out the link for more pics

http://speedyg.socal.rr.com/Photos/Carpet/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_0533.jpg (63.0 KB, 141 views)

I heart Boobies
Old 01-04-2003, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
No heat in mine....headers are nice but ya freeze yer butt off....
Old 01-04-2003, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

WOW Mike! good job. That grey really brightens up a normally dark interior. Where'd ja get it?
In your last pic of the interior light... is the seam below the light open? as in the thread has come loose or broken? If it's the just the thread there is an easy fix and it will look like nothing was ever amiss. It's called a blind stich.
bruce
(sniff)
Gotta mow the Lawn...
Old 01-04-2003, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Speaking of the interior light.....does anyone know how to keep the bugger from falling out?
Cheers

BTW -That carpet looks well tasty!
Old 01-04-2003, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
They usually have clips that handle that....if they are bent, bend them back, if missing buy a new light fixture or use some light adhesive along the edges....
Old 01-04-2003, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

I'm ashamed to say, I got the carpet from AA.

It wasn't easy either and if I had to do it again, I wouldn't get it from them. The carpet is okay, slightly ragged around a few edges but I think I did okay in hiding those. Also, I had to do some cutting I didn't feel I should have to do. Lastly, It took me a while to get all the pieces from them, almost 2 months.

In retrospect it would have been extremely easy to make a new carpet kit using the old as a pattern, as many others have done. I think it also would have been cheaper since with shipping I paid about $200 for the kit. Kinda lame.

But, it's done and I'm happy with it and we drove it to the Kings game tonight with the heater on, the interior light working and nice new carpet to put our feet on.

Also, that stitch just needs to be redone, it isn't ripped (Thanks for telling me what to do Bruce).

Later guys, and thanks for the encouragement.

I heart Boobies
Old 01-04-2003, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DuckRyder
O.K. here is where I show my newbieness,

Is that "German Perlon"?
2006 Ducati Sport 1000

323i.net
RangerXLT.com
Old 01-05-2003, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I believe it was, but the packing slip is at my office and I'm not gonna be there for a week.

I can't find it on AA's web site and I really never wanna look for anything there again.

I heart Boobies
Old 01-05-2003, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: