Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Converting 1974 2.0L from carb to FI

I have been purchasing FI parts for the 2.0L D-jet FI system. My car currently has a single Weber carb. Where can I find a layout or fuel, vacuum and electrical ? My wife bought me the car last Feb and told me to get it running or get rid of the car! Any help would be welcome!
Old 01-08-2003, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Here's an address to Brad Anders's web page.

[URL=http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders]

Follow the links to the sections on D-Jet. He has more info than I can understand and I bet if it isn't there, it doesn't exist

Dave Hunt
Old 01-08-2003, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Here is one location for a Vac hose layout diagram:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_specs/914_20FI_diag.htm

Here is another:

http://members.rennlist.org/chuxter/914Hoses.html
Old 01-08-2003, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
As for the wires, the harness will take a "set" over the years. Just get it started, and it will tend to flop down to where it should be, or near to that.

The FI harness starts at the ECU in the right-front corner of the engine bay, goes back, then across, then forward and up to the relay board. There are a few branches on it, one of which goes to the manifold area.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 01-08-2003, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
marc,

If you need some help with specifics on wiring, vacuum or fuel, just shoot me an email (see below). I have minor issues with a couple of the "diagrams" I've seen out there, but their good for the most part.

I have also removed and re-installed my engine/FI system so many times I could do it in my sleep, yet problems still seem to creep up in areas you rarely here about in postings.

If I can be of any help, just let me know. Gotta keep the wife happy!

Good luck,
Old 01-09-2003, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
If you have any issues with the Pelican diagrams, please let me know! We do try to keep improving them...

Known problems:
Vacuum hose sizes on the 2.0 are actually fitting sizes and not the hose sizes.
The 1.7 diagram is for a very early car, and is missing several components that are present in many 1.7s.
The 1.8 diagram is for a 75 with EGR. Most 1.8s did not have EGR.

I will be trying to fix the 2.0 diagram soon. I have to find my original first, though.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 01-09-2003, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Dave,

I'll also dig up my notes on the change(s) I felt were needed for the 2.0 vacuum hose diagram. I think it had something to do with the way the decel valve was conected - but not sure.

Appreciate the updates.

Regards,
Old 01-09-2003, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Thanks so much for the replies! I will try to install this weekend if the weather is not too cold in GA. I hope I have all the parts!

Marc Vepraskas
Old 01-10-2003, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DuckRyder
It has been pretty cold, but how's it going?
2006 Ducati Sport 1000

323i.net
RangerXLT.com
Old 01-12-2003, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Status update, I pulled the gas tank and ran new fuel lines to pump. I realized I don't have all the throttle parts and air cleaner for a 2.0L. I stopped by Atlanta Auto and George let me take photo's of a stock 1973 2.0L to use for reference. This is turning into a larger project! Still cold!
Old 02-03-2003, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
What throttle parts?? There is just the throttle body, TPS, and the return spring.
Geoff
(put the 2.0L FI back on my car)

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 02-03-2003, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Bleyseng,

He probably needs the Air Plenum that the ThrottleBody sits on, corresponding gasket,
the Air Cleaner housing,
large rubber boot to seal Air cleaner against TB,
TPS that you mentioned,
Cold Start valve (and don't forget its gasket)

Marc,

I have used extras of many of these parts if you find AA to pricy. I have had at any given time 3 complete FI systems, and only one engine running with FI at the moment. Plus I'm not in this to make money - just to help keep teeners on the road.

Enjoy!
Old 02-03-2003, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
Hook him up, Gerard....

Geoff

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 02-03-2003, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: