Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question right hazard lights don't work

I can't seem to get the hazard lights to flash on the right side, front and rear not working.

turn signals work fine...parking lights are all working with headlights on and off...left hand hazard lights work.

any ideas before I go chasing some gremlin? I have an idea where the problem is but I'd like some opinions...hopefully every one is also thinking the same thing.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Real quick thought...

Check the Flasher switch. I bet there is a short somewhere in it. It would seem if the blinkers are working then the wires to the switch are fine, but inside it's not masking contact when pulled out for that side.

1979 911sc
1973 914 2.0
Old 01-13-2003, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

well I pulled the hazard switch out...guess what...one of the wires had come disconnected...don't I feel dumb
Old 01-14-2003, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Hey man, it happens. I couldnt figurre out why only the right side blinkers worked. Lookedd at the switch, and turns out a wire had sheered off.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: