Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Wiring help extra connector off the wiper????

I'm transferring my parts overfrom my white 73 to my "new" arena red 73 and I have come across this extra connector. I check my factory 914 diagrams and far as I can tell it is not there. It is pigtailed off the wiper. There is the blower motor and the gas tank connectors but this is extra. Any ideas what this was use for. Any quick help as I am in the garage working on it right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plug.jpg (46.7 KB, 241 views)
Old 01-14-2003, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Looks like the socket for the intermittent relay to me.

JWest Engineering
Old 01-14-2003, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

So another words the wiper motor I have may not have the intermettent relay. Because I see no connection for it. It does look like "recent" wiring too
Old 01-14-2003, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Not sure. I remember seeing it in my car in that area, and it looks the same as mine but mine has a relay on it. I could poke around more if no one else answers your question.

JWest Engineering
Old 01-14-2003, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
The intermittent wiper relays I've seen have been on the driver's side cowl support. The relay socket was attached (bolted, I think?) to that vertical support above and aft of the gas tank. Is it in that area??

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 01-14-2003, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I betcha it is the socket for intermittent. It has a hole on it so it can be bolted to the chassis somewhere. So now the question is will it hurt anything if not connected.
Will my wipers still work without it. I have no power to the car as this is where I first started to connect things from scratch. So I cannot verify if the wiper will work without it.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The wipers will won't work without the flick wipe relay in place. You can get around this by reconnecting the GR/WH wire from pin 53e on the wiper switch (you will find this wire in the bundle near the wiper mechanizm) to the GR/WH wire on pin 31b of the wiper mechanizm. The po my have already done this.
The wiring diagram for the flick wipe is on page 165 of the Haynes Manual.
Phil
Old 01-15-2003, 03:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
The wipers will won't work
Huh?

JWest Engineering
Old 01-15-2003, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Sorry, I meant "the wipers won't work" without the relay in place.

Phil
Old 01-15-2003, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

So does any one have one for sale.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mikester
Does anyone know how the wires should be attached or where a good diagram is?

I heart Boobies
Old 01-15-2003, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: