Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

What is an original 914-6 engine and transmission worth?

Hi everyone, I'm a 911 forum regular and wanted to get some advice from you all-

I have a 1970 914-6 engine and transmission on my garage floor. It looks relatively complete, including:

-Weber 40IDAs
-Exhaust (no muffler though).
-It is attached to the original transmission.
-It has sat in a closed California garage for 20 years with the sparkplugs in. Cylinder interiors look good.
-Running condition and mileage unknown, no documentation, but it will turn over easily with a wrench on the crank (and has been turned every couple weeks over the years).
-Exterior condition is a little rough but would be OK with a good cleaning.
-Transmission is complete including starter

I realize that this engine is low-horsepower, and is (correct me if I'm wrong) interesting only to those who are keeping their 914-6's original, not the whole high-horsepower engine-swap crowd (of which I'm a member ).

So, ballpark, what's it worth? I'm just trying to get a general idea of value.

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2003, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Probably not much more than the '69 911T engine from which it was derived.

The 914/6 heater boxes are worth quite a bit if they are usable ($600 to $1000), the trans is worth something (not a whole lot, like $300 maybe) to the right person, the carbs are worth quite a bit ($1000), but the engine itself is not too desirable and probable won't command more than $800 to $1000 if it is good.

JWest Engineering
Old 01-16-2003, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I might be interested in the engine and transmission. The block itself isn't worth very much (as much as a 69T block, almost nothing). I'm interested in all the parts that attach to the engine and I am interested in the transmission. I am in San Diego. Email me if you want to sell it and we can work out a price ALLAIRCOOLED@yhaoo.com ... Mark
Old 01-16-2003, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: