Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

stiff clutch pedal

I just read, on this BB, that the feel of the clutch pedal should be similar to the feel of that on a Honda. Mine is very hard to depress. I have a new cable, and have no flex in the tube. A new friend of mine, who I met thru Pelican, fabricated a metal plate which attaches the tube to the fire wall and secures it in place. The tube had broken free from the firewall and the two spot welds inside the center tunnel. The spot welds have been replaced with metal brackets so there is absolutely no flex in the tube and it shifts OK. My question is, why is it so hard to depress the clutch pedal? Where do I start looking? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-31-1999, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Try checking the bushings in the pedal cluster. When they wear out the feel of the pedals is quite a bit different.
Old 08-31-1999, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Every 914 Ive been in does not feel like my old Hondas clutch did at all. The hondas clutch pedal is super easy to depress, where as the 914's takes a little more pressure, which is the way it should be. (But not to hard mind you).
Old 08-31-1999, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

If the pedal bushings look ok i would look at the wheel that the cable goes around in the back make sure it spins easily with the cable
disconnected. I have not done this, it just seems like a component that could cause a stiff clutch feel.

------------------
Old 09-01-1999, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: