Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hella Air Horns

I am interested in mounting Hella double or even triple air horns on my '73 914. The problem is, I can't find a good location. Do any of you out there have any experience with these and know of a good mounting location?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 09-17-1999, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to paulhagedorn
I was thinking about doing the same thing. I haven't gotten around to it, but sometime in the future it will happen. I was thinking of putting them in the fron wheel wells. As long as you put some kind of plastic or something over the base to keep water out, they should be fine. You could also try to put them in the front trunk, but that would keep the sound in the trunk, and I don't think it would work anywhere near as well.

Anyone out there have any place that they think is best?

Paul
Old 09-18-1999, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I have a 74, 2.0 that did not have fog lights. A few years ago I mounted a pair of cheap imitation Hella horns behind the fog light grills. All it took was a screwdriver, wrenches, a drill, a couple of bolts and a few crimp on wire connectors.
EDIT... Didn't read the original post properly, AIR HORNS, Mine were the electric. Still, they're rated at about 125 db.

[This message has been edited by HarveyH (edited 09-18-1999).]
Old 09-18-1999, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
I put the air horns in the front wheel well, driver side....I always have problems with double left hand turn lane people moving over on me. One blast from those puppies and they yank it back over without even thinking...
Old 09-18-1999, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: